Location Details: Mozilla’s US office locations include San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US for this position.
When you’re a David among data-mongering Goliaths, you’ve gotta work smarter, not $$$-er. Mozilla Marketing functions a bit like The Daily Show: every week, cross-functional teams take a look at the cultural landscape, collect insights and pitch new ideas to get our brands (Mozilla, Firefox and Pocket) into the conversation. It’s a fast-paced, always-learning, brand-new way of working that you’ll get to help shape with us. Your fellow collaborators? Creators, engineering, social, communications, product marketing and activations partners all out to leave the internet a lot better than they found it.
The Graphic Designer/Animator will collaborate with partners across the Marketing team to create irresistible motion graphics for videos and social posts that insert Mozilla’s commitment to building a better internet into people’s daily lives. Topics might include product marketing, product education, internet issues in the world, social snacks — the kinds of videos that inform, delight and drive new users and new fans of Mozilla.
Inquisitive, creative and your default is to find solutions by making. Hands-on experience in digital media production means you can concept, pitch, design, produce, edit and put the finishing touches on any story. You’re as obsessed with culture as you are with content — deeply connected to social media, current events, the zeitgeist and trends. You know how to make content that get clicks, and you love to do it for the greater good!
- Work with the editorial, product marketing, social and creative teams to ideate unique, shareable, and stand-out video assets for Mozilla campaigns, content advertising, and social channels.
- Produce motion graphics for a variety of uses and find the sweet spot that lives at the intersection of quality creative and resourcefulness
- Come up with concepts, create storyboards, and design using different styles and approaches depending on the media format.
- Develop thoughtful creative work that delivers on the overall strategy within quick turnaround times.
- Integrate music, voice over, and sound effects to enhance video content.
- Maintain consistency and assure all motion graphic assets are in line with the Mozilla Brands. Always looking to push the quality of the work and craft forward.
- Create static assets occasionally
- 3+ years of video and motion graphics experience, preferably with lifestyle and consumer-focused brands.
- Expertise in After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in Sketch and Figma.
- Experience in Maya, Rhino or Cinema 4D not required, but a huge plus.
- Ability to be collaborative and flexible in working with diverse teams and with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently under tight timelines, a bias toward action
- Experience working with Content Producers, Copywriters, Designers, Social Media Strategists
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.