Considering candidates at multiple levels in NYC, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Austin, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Toronto.
As an Art Director in the Brand Innovation Lab team, you'll be creating exciting one-of-a-kind campaigns for a wide range of global brands. You'll partner with copywriters, designers, program managers and producers to create innovative work by hacking the Amazon canvas (Alexa, Twitch, Prime Video, etc). You'll work on projects that benefits the end customer while pushing the creative envelope. And with new tech rolling out all the time, there's always an opportunity to create something innovative on behalf of our clients.
Key job responsibilities
- Concept, design and execute innovative ad campaigns and experiences for global brands
- Partner with copywriters, designers, program managers, developers and producers to create customer-focused solutions that deliver on advertiser objectives
- Create campaigns under the guidance of Creative Directors, collaborating with internal teams, clients and external agency partners
- Deliver high-quality designs and stellar art direction for campaigns across different Amazon touch points
- In-depth understanding of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Keynote
- Data-driven and obsessed with understanding customers and making work that delivers results
- Present ideas and campaigns to internal stakeholders as well as external agencies and clients
- Proven ability to ideate for film, print, digital, out-of-home, experiential and social
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to make aggressive deadlines
- You know, the usual stuff
A day in the life
- Partnering with IMDb to create a reality content series for a soap brand
- Designing a trivia experience for a brand using Prime Video titles
- Working through creative messaging feedback with Legal and PR
- Presenting a campaign to brand clients and their partner media agency
- Reviewing video edits for influencer product launch campaign
About the team
The Brand Innovation Lab is the internal group within Amazon that creates one-of-a-kind campaigns and activations for global advertisers, like Pepsi, Microsoft, Adidas, Samsung, and Unilever. Using all of the different platforms within the Amazon canvas (Custom landing pages on Amazon.com, Alexa, Twitch, Prime Video, etc.), we create campaigns that reach millions of Amazon customers across our digital channels and out in the real-world. The Endemic pod specifically deals with brands that sell directly on Amazon – sneakers, laptops, detergent, soda, etc. If it arrives in a bag or a box, that's a brand you could work on.
- Minimum of 4 years art direction / design / communications experience at advertising agencies and/or in-house creative departments
- Must have an online portfolio URL in your resume - demonstrating big, campaignable thinking that can extend into any medium
- You are scrappy, insightful and an innovative problem solver
- You bring visual flair and conceptual excellence to the work, inspiring clients and team members to raise the creative bar
- You tell stories that connect brands with customers in a meaningful way, across all channels, creating work that's on strategy and delivers results
- You love presenting to clients and internal folks, but can also handle feedback like a pro
- You regularly push your comfort zone to stretch and improve yourself, never thinking "that's not my job"
- You are passionate about design, technology, advertising, marketing, and are always keeping pace with it
- You use data and insights to create work that resonates with customers
- You are ego-free and are highly collaborative, working with a diverse group of people and learning from them
- You are a self starter, spotting an opportunity and making something out of nothing
- You aren’t afraid to question the status quo, and take steps to change things for the better
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.