Art Director Grindr
Graphic DesignUS, Remote2 months ago
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr is looking for an experienced Art Director to join our growing in-house creative team. This role will report to our Marketing Director and work closely with designers on all types of design and asset creation for brand, digital, and video elements.
The ideal candidate is passionate about queer culture, immersed in trends in art and design, has a network of talented freelance creators they can tap for projects, and is as comfortable working alongside designers on day-to-day asset production as they are concepting and art directing visionary campaigns.
What’s the Job?
- Develop creative concepts for projects and campaigns that push our brand in new and unexpected directions and position Grindr at the vanguard of queer culture
- Create compelling visual worlds for projects that can span multiple platforms
- Update and maintain brand standards, create brand kit for public/media use, and ensure design execution aligns with brand vision across projects and teams
- Work with designers in the hands-on production of marketing assets and other internal requests, including branded merch, social media content, in-app messaging, event collateral, app store creative, seasonal photoshoots, presentation decks etc.
- Manage a team of designers and identify new techniques and workflows to drive quality and support their continued growth and development
- Work closely with product and other teams to ensure brand and marketing design supports and aligns with company-wide goals and objectives
- Manage and meet multiple deadlines, execute and refine creative in a fast-paced environment
What We’ll Love About You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of previous experience as an Art Director with a creative agency, media company, or mobile app
- Strong portfolio of visual design, with experience designing for mobile & responsive web
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, experience with Figma and Sketch a plus
- Deep knowledge of the Grindr app, as campaign work will also include product marketing and feature launches
- The details matter to you; you have a sensitivity to letter spacing, color themes and can pick out off-centered elements even when they’re 2 px off
- An understanding of UI/UX principles and design is a plus
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and animation tools are a plus
What You'll Love About Us
- High-growth company - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k Match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend