Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is used by teams around the world for everything from pizza deliveries to space travel. To help us achieve our mission of unleashing the potential of every team, the Atlassian Creative team is looking for an Associate Marketing Designer to support our marketing programs for technical teams.
You’ll work with a vibrant, and globally distributed creative team to deliver impact and delight while consistently pushing the boundaries of our brand and measuring your impact along the way.
We're looking for talent to help bring our story to life through well-crafted visual narratives across all our customer touch points, who is detail-oriented, curious, and collaborative. You will be required to think strategically about your work and produce creative solutions that help our Marketing team achieve our goals with thoughtful customer-centric design.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work on a tight-knit, cross-functional team, alongside partners from marketing and product design, involved in the end-to-end design process from ideation to implementation
- Shadow and learn from senior designers
- Focus on projects within two of our most important markets: ITSM and Agile & DevOps
- Assist the team with marketing projects including robust web experiences, integrated campaigns, print pieces, event collateral, motion graphics, and everything in between
- Support and contribute to the increasingly sophisticated brand landscape and ensure that we communicate with millions of existing and future users in a cohesive and inspiring way
- Push and challenge assumptions through productive debate, which ultimately leads to innovation and better outcomes
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- An exciting portfolio that highlights ambitious design and conceptual problem-solving
- A strong understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, and color as well as a proven aptitude for design principles, processes, and the strategy that underpins them
- Strong visual and written communication skills
- The ability to deliver solutions that are on-brand and on-brief, with guidance and support
- The ability to solicit, receive, and implement feedback and a shared belief that collaboration improves creativity. Confidence in presenting and articulating your work to peers
- Experience in working with the Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma
More about our Team:
The Creative Team is Atlassian’s dynamic internal creative agency embedded within the marketing organization. Collectively, the team defines, articulates, and scales how millions of users experience and connect with the Atlassian brand from a multitude of dimensions.
Focused on supporting many teams across our entire company, you will be amongst the designers, illustrators, writers, and animators who combine strategy with research, creativity, and craft to build and shape how we’re viewed by the world. And we don’t want people to just use our products, we want people to love them!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.