Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is used by teams around the world for everything from pizza deliveries to space travel. To help us achieve our mission of unleashing the potential of every team, the Atlassian Brand Studio is looking for an Associate Motion Designer to extend our storytelling and reach our ever growing audience. You’ll work with a vibrant, and globally distributed creative team to deliver impact and delight while consistently pushing the boundaries of our brand and measuring your impact along the way.
What we are looking for:
As an Associate Motion Designer at Atlassian, you will bring the brand to life in bold and engaging ways. We are looking for talent with interest in animation and storytelling, who is detail-oriented, curious, and collaborative. You'll work alongside marketers, writers, illustrators, visual designers, and fellow motion artists to bring life and fresh perspective to our animations.
Armed with Adobe After Effects and the rest of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, you will be responsible for crafting compelling motion designs to solve an array of marketing needs—from social media posts, through marketing animations, to stage-wide, multi-LED panel event graphics, and all the screens in-between.
- Strong communicator, with the ability to articulate creative concepts, design principles, and production needs to others.
- Operate in a complex environment, prioritizing your own task while contributing to multiple projects, with various priorities, and timelines.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail, setting the standard for excellence in craft, quality, and output.
- Enthusiastic about creative work, letting your excitement show in how you present ideas and work.
- Have eye-catching portfolio showcasing your creative experience and sensibilities.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop. (Additional points for experience in other design tools and 3D packages.)
- Partner closely with designers, copywriters, marketers, motion designers and producers to execute high-quality animation projects.
- Bring designs and narratives to life effectively, using principles of animation and modern animation techniques.
- Strong understanding of animation/video formats and codecs.
- Work with and evolve the existing animation language at Atlassian to elevate the brand.
- Take creative direction from partners and translate to purposeful animations with motivated movements.
- Participate in our design culture to align styles and refine work through team feedback.
- Willingness to work openly and bring your true self to work.
More about the Team:
The Creative Team is Atlassian’s dynamic internal creative agency embedded within the marketing organization. Collectively, the team defines, articulates, and scales how millions of users experience and connect with the Atlassian brand from a multitude of dimensions.
You’ll be amongst the designers, illustrators, writers, and animators who combine strategy with research, creativity, and craft to build and shape how our products are viewed by the world.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.