Associate Visual Designer Homeward
Graphic DesignUS, Remote2 months ago
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience.
We’re a fast-paced real estate fintech startup that teams empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’re backed by top-tier venture investors, including Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. We’ve raised more than $25 million in equity to grow the business, and have secured more than $100 million in debt to buy homes for our customers. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We're seeking an Associate Visual Designer to join us in delivering on our mission of building a simpler, more streamlined and customer-centric home buying and selling experience.
- You’ll report to our Sr Visual Designer and collaborate on a daily basis to establish visual design goals and execute fast-paced projects.
- Collaborate primarily with Design, Marketing, and Product leaders to create assets within our brand guidelines to support company initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams when efforts that include a strong visual component are needed.
- Translate creative briefs into compelling materials in a variety of mediums including print, physical, and digital. Examples include: stellar presentation decks, informational one-sheeters, direct mail postcards, social media campaign assets, online banner ads, SEO-friendly landing pages, website updates and email design.
- Create multiple asset versions for A|B testing when needed.
- Assist with building out a Digital Asset Management system which will include image sourcing and file structure.
- Help create scalable assets that both internal and external teams can use to implement designs on their own (Canva deliverables, Google Slide deck templates, etc).
- A passion for branding, product and marketing design and driving engagement.
- An exceptional aesthetic sensibility which includes a strong understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy.
- A high degree of flexibility and coachability. You’re always learning and using those skills to move the business forward.
- Demonstrable skills using industry standard tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, etc).
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- An intrinsic desire to serve customers and provide a delightful, seamless experience.
- Enthusiasm about helping beyond the bounds of your day to day role.
- 1-3 years of experience as a visual designer (or similar) with an online portfolio of visual design examples.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.