Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We’re looking for a creative, strategically minded writing leader to join the Dropbox brand studio. As our associate writing director, you’ll supply the craft excellence, systems thinking, and voice prowess we need to bring our brand to life.
- Refine and scale Dropbox’s brand voice across our product, marketing, and internal comms teams
- Refine and scale our product naming approach and process
- Write or edit key company initiatives
- Direct and edit writing from agencies and other teams at Dropbox
- Maintain a high quality bar for writing at Dropbox
- As needed: Hire and manage full-time and contract writers
- 7+ years of brand copywriting and content strategy, UX writing, and/or content design experience
- 2+ experience managing, directing, and/or mentoring other writers
- A simple, fresh writing style—you know what to emphasize, and what to cut
- Ability to drive complex writing initiatives
- Experience defining and rolling out a brand voice system
- Experience naming tech products and features (bonus: you’ve built naming systems and guidelines)
- You work well with with engineers, strategists, marketers, designers, and executives
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)