- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in visual design or a related field.
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Knowledge of contemporary design, technology trends, and understanding on how these could be relevant to brand expression.
- Understanding of how to design for the modern web across browsers, screen sizes, and user profiles.
- Proven ability creating design systems, interactive web design, and graphic design ( e.g., typography, layout, and how it extends across digital and traditional mediums).
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills, layout, typography and high graphic standards.
About the job
As a Creative in Marketing, you bring visual, design, written and experiential acumen to Google products and services, presented across all major media, content, channels, and experiences. You have the ability to perform your role in a flexible, ever-changing environment and must be open to new influences and inspiration. You will work with a deeply cross-functional team and inspire a team of vendor partners by sharing ideas and developing effective solutions to generate multiple concepts supporting all forms of major media. You will be equally comfortable making; rolling up your sleeves and designing, mocking, writing, or prototyping; showing, not telling. Above all, you will inspire and lead by example by making the most of every opportunity to develop breakthrough creative, consistent with the Google Marketing brand, and be able to take and provide clear direction and creative feedback that pushes work forward.
We have created a set of standards that spans the gamut from digital brand experience to editorial design to design system creation. As a team we’re focused on extending and evolving our brand standards to enable the organization to create memorable experiences.
As a Brand Design Lead, you will work with Google Cloud Brand and Creative leadership and key partners to guide, craft, contribute, and maintain an ever growing brand design system. Your work will help connect and communicate with users through storytelling, compelling marketing communications, and digital and physical brand experiences.
You will oversee a body of brand design work and collaborate with a diverse set of specialists from strategists, marketing managers, designers, and more to inform and bring your designs to life.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand (illustrations, icons, colors, typography, animations, etc.).
- Be an advocate for consistent and cohesive design throughout Google Cloud.
- Educate others on design standards, brand experience, and design-driven storytelling.
- Collaborate with Content Marketing, and others to establish a clear and concise brand voice, tone, and personality.
- Collaborate with UX Design to create and maintain a cohesive and consistent brand experience between Marketing and Product.