Brand Designer Geneva
Graphic DesignNYC, NY, US, Remote2 months ago
We’re building a brand/marketing team to help us bring the Geneva brand to life. This team will focus on brand expression by creating welcoming and delightful in-product visuals and creating awareness through out-of-product storytelling and partnerships.
As a Brand Designer at Geneva, you’ll collaborate with product designers, copywriters, communication designers, illustrators, and marketing managers to drive creative innovation and build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs. You will work across the design spectrum-from quick, rough, strategic ideation to polished final deliverables across various mediums.
As an early member of this team, you will help define the look and feel of the Geneva brand and contribute to developing the strategy for marketing initiatives. Your work could include:
- Developing and evolving visual identity, style guides, iconography systems
- Concept, prototype and execute brand and marketing collateral
- Working on brand and design projects with strategic external partners
- Creating design deliverables for editorial, unique experiential marketing campaigns, merchandise, and more
- You can work independently, keeping project timelines on track and sharing progress with cross-functional teams
- You are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality.
- You can think systematically about a holistic brand system and clearly articulate strategic thinking and design decisions to various partners.
- You are confident in your craft skills, detail-oriented, and eager and willing to learn new tools and techniques.
- You have superb layout, typography, and graphic design skills and a mastery in ideating, creating, and building high-concept, revolutionary ideas.
- 3+ years of experience with branding, communication design, advertising, or marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with Figma, Sketch and/or other prototyping tools
- Experience self-managing projects; ability to design according to business and technical requirements and comfort with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Managers, PMMs, Copywriters, and Marketers.
- Passion for creating high-quality designs across various channels such as email, web, and in product.
Nice to Haves:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work quickly with direction on complex brand initiatives.
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/Basic Markup