Brand Packaging Design Director Scentbird
Graphic DesignNY, US, Remote13 days ago
Scentbird inspires fragrance lovers to go beyond the ordinary and sample scents that evoke passion, confidence, and the unknown.
Our mission is to revolutionize the way we perfume by bringing the ultimate fragrance playground right to your fingertips and offering a digital subscription service that lets members choose from over 500+ designer perfumes each month.
About the Brands:
- Scentbird: The easiest way for fragrance lovers to discover, try, and buy their favorite scented products without a commitment
- Deck of Scarlet: Deck of Scarlet was created to break the boredom and shake up clean beauty. The line of bold cosmetics features vivid colors, innovative textures, and unprecedented finishes that bring the fun and creativity back to clean beauty.
- Confessions Of A Rebel: We’re not afraid to provoke. Our fragrances are made to excite and inspire: some are subversive, others are straightforward, all are compelling in their own right. He, she, they, YOU - our confessions are not caged in by gender.
- Goodhabit: Built for the digitally native generation, Goodhabit is pioneering the movement in defending your skin against artificial blue light and modern day skin stressors. We’re developing clean, conscious, and effective skincare solutions that keep you connected, and your skin, protected.
- Sanctuary: Our newest brand to the Scentbird family. This fragrance, just like the playful creature that was its muse, this scent opens with an energetic blend of red berries and fresh bamboo as a nod to the Red Panda’s favorite foods, while pink pepper adds an extra lively twist. Verdant notes like white tea, violet, and oakmoss pay homage to its habitat in the Himalayan Forests and mountains of China, as cashmere woods evoke a soft, cuddly feeling.
BRAND DESIGN DIRECTOR
About the Role:
He/she will partner closely and report into the Creative Director to develop and maintain the brand language and guidelines for Scentbird and all of the four private-owned brands: Deck of Scarlet, Confessions of a Rebel, GoodHabit and Sanctuary.
The Brand Design Director is responsible for maintaining the vision for the brand with leaders across the organization and ensuring consistency across multiple mediums and user touchpoints, primarily, across digital, print and packaging.
He/she will guide the design team and drive creative solutions in translating the brand guidelines into graphics, layouts, typography, illustration whilst partnering closely with the art director to ensure a cohesive brand message.
No lone wolves mentality. He/she will be comfortable and confident leading and managing junior creatives; and proactively manage time and deadlines; and work together to streamline processes. He/she must be hands-on, agile, strategic yet detail-oriented, inclusive & collaborative and is able to work on a wide range of projects.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Provide hands-on and clear creative and design direction, overseeing a team of full-time and freelance graphic designers and image makers to fulfill your vision
- Lead; you’ll be a leader within the team and across the company, evolving both your craft and communication skills
- Drive the creative process from concept to creation
- Own and improve brand guidelines, ensuring consistency across all channels and being strategic about it (i.e. brand, email or social guidelines)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams; You’ll partner closely with other
- creative departments, program managers, product owners, producers,
- brand and marketing teams to create fresh and practical solutions.
- Stay ahead of trends in the contemporary culture and the luxury space,
- evolve our core assets and ensure a cohesive seasonal message
- Packaging: provide design direction on layout grids, typography, colour palettes, and basic production techniques to designers. Oversee & Approve final release work.
- Print marketing design (i.e. brand cards, OOH campaign and any print
- Oversee website design and development with agencies and/or internal
- UX/UI team
- Internal communications (i.e. sales and presentation decks, internal
- branding requests)
- Digital marketing design (i.e. email blasts and newsletters; web banners,
- social) translate creative into a digital environment that ensures a cohesive brand story for each brand and product
What We’ll Love About You (personality traits):
- Someone who is detail oriented without losing sight of the big picture
- Must have ability to manage a team, lead, and mentor: highly organized,
- passionate, strategic-thinker, collaborative, self-starter, strong
- communication, and a team player
- Strong eye and sense of visual style — design, photography, typography,
- graphics, etc — with an understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige
- Develop and maintain a design/photography benchmark
- Knowledgeable of the standards and limitations associated with designing brand systems.
- A solid understanding of typography, composition and grids
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of design craft
- Comfortable working with creative direction that spans many formats,
- including but not limited to typography, Illustration, Animation, 3D,
- photography, and video
- Efficient management of time and deadlines
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Adobe CS, Keynote and Figma.
- Experience updating and maintaining brand guidelines and design
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing, advertising, and digital
- Basic knowledge of packaging and systems experience. Has a general idea how to realize a physical product.
- Must have some experience in the beauty, fashion, luxury products or
- BFA/BA degree from four-year college or university (preferably in Graphic Design, Packaging, Digital Design, Advertising or a related field)
- Min 7-10 years related experience, preferably in the agency / beauty /
- fashion/ branding and packaging, with 2-3 years of that experience at a
- director level.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Competitive base compensation
- Bonus program
- Remote first
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts, as well as Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Complimentary Scentbird Membership
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment