Branding Design Intern UserTesting
Graphic DesignUS, Remote2 months ago
What makes the difference between a product that's engaging, compelling, and easy to use and one that's frustrating, broken, and complicated? The answer is user experience. Here at UserTesting, our mission is to help our customers create great experiences. We enable every organization to deliver the best customer experience powered by human insight.
About the Team:
The UserTesting Brand team is seeking a passionate and insightful intern to join our team! We are a multi-disciplinary team of creatives working across most marketing projects at UserTesting—building our brand aesthetic through collateral, promotional materials, web, events, advertising, digital campaigns, and product launches.
As part of the UserTesting brand team, the design student will support the team responsible for designing graphics for a wide array of project types for sales, marketing, brand, and other groups. The successful candidate will contribute to ongoing projects with design support in the form of research, sketching, ideation, graphical asset creation, visualization, presentation building, and more.
There will also be a possibility for the candidate to run smaller design projects where the candidate can learn new design skills and add to the brand design resources. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity, collaboration and rewards excellence.
What We’re Looking For:
You are responsible for creating compelling experiences to help elevate our UserTesting brand. This role will focus on creating and implementing on-brand visuals to support needs in demand gen marketing, presentations, tradeshows and events.
- Support the brand designers to build the design for digital ads, presentations and sub-brand identities
- Collaborate cross functionally to create a virtually branded experience for UserTesting’s annual HiWorld event
- Utilize brand systems to help drive the expansion of our visuals
- Participate in design critiques, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as feedback for others
- Craft landing pages, assets for online and offline marketing (including emails, display banners, social media, print, etc), photo & video assets, and other creative projects for content marketing
- Create foundational templates and brand guidelines to ensure consistency across branding
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in graphic design with a focus in brand identity
- Strong foundation in graphic design that includes grids, typography, color, iconography
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Figma; Having experience in motion graphics is a plus.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong communication and organizational skills
- Curious about the world, loves to learn
- Excellent communication skills - clearly articulate your design directions
- Passion for helping everyone bring user insights into their workflows, after all we are UserTesting!
- An online portfolio of at least one project that demonstrates your product design capabilities
- Bonus: prior experience working in a design capacity
- Group mentorship, Educational and volunteer opportunities
- Unique networking opportunities
- Gain valuable experience in brand design for B2B SaaS
- Participate in Professional Development and skills workshops such as InVision Learn and SkillShare
Why you’ll love working for UserTesting:
We’re honored to be named a 2020 Inc. Best Workplace, and named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500
List, among a variety of other awards. Joining UserTesting means being part of a passionate team focused on transforming the way companies learn about their users.