Contribute and shape a new and unique internal design studio at Facebook.
Studio X is looking for an experienced Communication Designer to help us design and create superb storytelling experiences in support of internal vision projects, event design, video content, and other ambiguous communication challenges. We leverage understanding of the Facebook brand and design thinking to help bring visions to life across product and brand.
You will help us deliver on our Studio X mission of powering ABP (Ads and Business products) with thought provoking creativity, by developing visual storytelling, presentations, systems, as well as experiential design over, digital, physical and video surfaces. The ideal candidate has the ability to execute in a variety of visual styles, can articulate design decisions, iterate quickly, and collaborate seamlessly with VP stakeholders, creative leads, art directors, and content strategists.
You have deep design experience quickly forging partnerships with product teams. You understand how to integrate a brand throughout narratives that are aligned with product visions. The right person is generative, scrappy and thrives in fast-paced environments.
You have a great deal of passion for the SMB space. You help champion our customers and our products that serve them. You bring empathy to your solutions, breaking down very complex technologies into human design narratives.
One of the studio's superpowers is being able to join strategy, design and content expertise to visualize the challenges other teams bring us.
Join a team committed to bringing next level design and communication, that challenges preconceived notions and inspires people to think further for the future of Ads and Business products.
Who we are:
Studio X serves the large and highly impactful organization of Ads and Business products (ABP). We partner with Product Designers, Engineers, Marketing, Content Design, to bring humanity, emotion and storytelling to the design of, experiences, and communications. We are experts in FB business products, and aim to inform and excite people about ABP products and services.
Communication Designer - Studio X Responsibilities
- Ideating on brand visions and strategic understanding of design systems
- Ideating concepts/themes/directions and refining design work based on creative direction
- Narrative and presentation design
- Working cross-functionally and collaborating with internal and external team members
- Developing branding glyphs, logos, identification marks, website/wiki designs, product experiences, presentations, presentation templates, storyboards or animatics for motion graphics and video
- Developing visual identity platforms, systems, typography, palette, illustration, iconography systems
- Keeping project timelines on track
- Delegating projects to team members
- Clearly articulating design decisions to a variety of partners
- Collaborating with executive staff
- 6+ years experience with communication or branding design
- Demonstrated experience developing branding systems
- Demonstrated experience with environmental design
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and other packages
- A portfolio with examples in branding, website designs, presentation support, communication design, promotion, and environmental design
- Demonstrated track record of engaging launched projects
- Demonstrated experience articulating the design trends
- Demonstrated knowledge for creativity and design
- Experience animating, using video or 3D programs
- Experience using code frameworks to develop creative solutions, such as CSS, Processing
- Experience using Facebook Business Products (Ads Manager, Business Manager, Facebook Pages, Instagram Ads, etc.)
- Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch
- Experience taking feedback and quickly iterate
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $144,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)