HomeX is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
In terms of marketing jackpots, we feel pretty lucky. Our team gets to bring solutions to both homeowners and service providers, which means every day we're putting our skills to use to take on projects that span across business-to-consumer and business-to-business. Some of us are content creators, some of us are designers and brand managers, some of us are social savants and marketing automation experts. All of us are storytellers, passionate about understanding our end-user, all of us are builders - helping to create brands and solutions that are loved, and all of us are team players.
Our freelance content creator / editor should be well versed in supporting our content marketing needs and should be comfortable:
- Editing and creating cross-channel content programs for both B2B and B2C brands
- Creating and editing narratives that support our content strategies in driving against our business goals
- Edit content from members of the staff
- Mentor content talent
Components of the freelance content creator / editor:
- Must have an eye for editing
- In depth knowledge of AP style guide
- Team player; willing and excited to help the marketing team and HomeX succeed, which may include taking on additional responsibilities as needed
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Hyper-growth, startup experience is a plus
- 4 plus years of Content Marketing experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams and stakeholders
- B2B experience preferred
- College degree preferred - Journalism, Creative Writing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational, time management and collaboration skills
- Home services industry is a plus
- Lifelong Learner: You’re passionate about learning the latest marketing trends and technologies and are never afraid to jump on a free software training course to expand your capabilities.
- Customer Obsessed: You’re focused on creating an engaging and relevant experience for each customer.
- Team-Oriented: You are a constant collaborator and look for ways to partner with others on the team.
- Great Communicator: You have a natural ability to build relationships with cross-functional team members and represent our brands while showing great enthusiasm for the work you’re doing.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight, and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation through your career.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success.
- Commercially Aware: You understand how marketing ties to business objectives, understand target audience profiles and insights and incorporate these into campaigns.
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry? HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Check out our recent press, including TechCrunch's coverage of our $90M raise, here.
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
Note: All HomeX offices are currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. As of June 2021, we plan to reopen offices mid summer, pending local regulations, and will expect most employees to work onsite 2-3 days per week by the end of the year.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs