Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our team's mission is to enable people to better collaborate with each other and connect the value of Atlassian products. This role is focussed on acquiring and engaging customers through both our own and third-party products. Realised by helping customers discover need and experience value from multi-product experiences, and breaking through barriers to collaboration with their team. It's a role with potential for impact.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Work closely with the product design, product management, engineering and marketing teams to define a user-centred approach to compliment the goals we are looking to achieve for Atlassian.
- Use storytelling skills to facilitate cross-team collaboration, working with product teams and stakeholders across Atlassian.
- Influence and craft the way our Growth team works and how we balance shipping at speed with high-quality experiences.
- Engage with Atlassian's close-knit design community.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience as a content strategist, UX writer or relevant experience.
- A growth mindset. Our team moves fast!
- Strong communication and stakeholder influence skills.
- A track record of delivering outcomes as a hands-on content designer.
- A deep understanding of how content design connects to business objectives.
- An appreciation for research and a proven understanding of the techniques required to develop customer empathy and validate concepts.
- An eye for detail and the ability to get to the root of the problem while working autonomously.
It would be an added bonus if you also have:
- Experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- Experience working on products in an experimental environment (eCommerce, retail or travel is a big plus).
- Facilitation experience, especially with engineers and product managers where you’ve effectively established project scope and potential solutions to identified problems.
- Experience applying design processes, such as design thinking, critiques, user journeys, and personas, to improve or validate work
- Experience leading and inspiring teams and more junior designers.
UX Writers at Atlassian look at the way we communicate with our customers as an end-to-end journey. We consider content to be a powerful and essential part of that journey. Our content designers work collaboratively across Atlassian to champion our design language, tell consistent stories and craft great customer experiences.
Read more at Designing Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.