Content Designer Zapier - Remote
Remote Design JobsRemote12d ago
We’re looking for a Content Designer to help Zapier craft seamless user experiences and ensure our partners, developers, and end users have the information they need to be successful. Content is a critical part of the customer journey at Zapier, helping users all the way from discovery to mastery. If you’re a content designer ready to help a variety of different user types get the most out of Zapier, then read on!
In this role, you'll serve as both a strategist and a creator. You’ll drive content strategy for Partners and the Developer platform, while also creating content plans, style guides, and processes to scale this effort across the company. And as the second-ever content designer at Zapier, you’ll play an important role in advancing the practice at the company and defining a vision for content design at Zapier.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re an excellent writer. You have at least 5 years of content writing experience for technical products, with 2 of those years in content design, content strategy or UX writing. You can communicate clearly and succinctly. You have a firm grasp on the rules of grammar, know how to adjust your tone for a context, and create content quickly.
You have a user-centered approach to content design. You leverage research and testing to inform your writing. You know that the words we use in an interface are a critical part of the experience. You’re familiar with the process of user-centered design and you've worked hand-in-hand with designers.
You have experience creating and enforcing a style guide. You know that consistency is key and are able to create rules and catch when they’re broken. You know how to develop content frameworks that fit within brand guidelines and can live as part of a design system.
You might have experience writing documentation. You have experience writing technical content or documentation. If you have experience crafting documentation for developers or other technical audiences, that’s a huge plus.
You're developing skills in information architecture. You should have experience conducting card sorts, creating content maps, and making decisions about where new content should fall in a hierarchy. You’re familiar with structured content models and creating dynamic content experiences across multiple surfaces or platforms.
You’re experienced working cross-functionally. You’ll drive the process for creating and maintaining content across many teams. You’ll need to build strong relationships across multiple functions and work closely with Product, Design, and other roles to prioritize and scope your work.
You can be an evangelist for content design and strategy. This is the second content designer role at Zapier, so there will be a role to play in educating others about content design and defining the discipline at the company.
You’re a quick study. With over 2,000 app integrations on Zapier, there’s a lot to learn. You’ll need to be able to digest a lot of information and get up to speed fast.
Things you might do
- Make sure that developers have the information they need to be successful with Zapier by creating a single, complete documentation set for all developers that’s easy to expand and keep up to date.
- Develop structured content models to bring the right content to your target audiences at the right touchpoints.
- Design and execute on a strategy for providing a cohesive experience for multiple audiences, including users evaluating the partner program, developers building and maintaining their Zapier integration, and developers going deeper with our APIs and embedding tools.
- Help build and maintain a style guide and controlled vocabulary. Ensure that the content being generated for the parts of the product you support follows the style guide.
- Work with the Partnerships team to identify new content we need and collaborate with them to produce it.
- Coordinate with our editorial, marketing, and email teams to build a cohesive content strategy.
- Run content testing and research. You’ll talk to users to better understand their mental models and needs, and conduct usability and comprehension testing of the content you write to make sure it addresses those needs.
- Monitor the performance of content and use that data to continuously improve it. You’ll work with the data team to monitor usage analytics, track customer feedback to spot trends and gaps, and proactively identify new opportunities to improve key business metrics through improved content and usability.
- Give, seek, and receive thoughtful critical feedback. You’ll help others become better writers and become a better writer yourself.
For the past nine years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
Our team of 350+ is distributed (remote) because it lets us work with the best people. We have team members that live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! While we can hire many roles in locations anywhere in the world, some require specific timezone fits.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.