WritingLos Angeles, CA, US, Remotea month ago
Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
The company seeks a copywriter to support a wide variety of projects across signage, marketing, branded events, PR communications, scripts and more. The ideal candidate infuses Metropolis’s core values across customer and asset copy: we are thoughtful, clever and inspiring, we are bold and adventurous, we challenge assumptions, and we create remarkable experiences.
As the company’s first dedicated Copywriter, you will be instrumental in shaping the Metropolis voice, as well as building the organizational structure to ensure local teams can use your copy to “Metropolize” new locations across the country.
The Copywriter will be responsible for creating copy for operations signage, along with marketing, network growth and sales collateral. These assets will live in digital and physical mediums and play a critical role in building a relationship with visitors, asset owners, and the public at large.
In this role you will also be challenged to reimagine the visitor experience in an industry that has seen little to no innovation in decades. Our goal is for customers to visit our locations and immediately realize — based primarily on your work — that they are in no ordinary facility.
- Work closely with graphic design to create a unified aesthetic and voice.
- Develop copy across Marketing, Network Growth and Sales.
- Translates concepts into effective messages by writing clear, persuasive copy.
- Understand and optimize copy for SEO.
- Understand how to optimize copy for visitors and asset owners.
- Elevate proposals with clear, narrative-driven copy.
- Work on scripts for content creation, field teams and advertisements.
- Influence the evolution of how Metropolis presents itself visually across all visitor touchpoints.
- Identify copy needs and establish creative copy style guides.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years work experience as a copywriter or in a relevant field.
- Compelling portfolio of digital and physical work.
- Strong skills in brand building through copywriting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits