Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music. Since raising a $45 million Series A investment, the Output team is growing, and we're looking for an experienced Design Director to help set the vision, implement a human-centered design process and scale our design practice.
As the Design Director at Output, you will lead the vision across all our products including Arcade, FX, and mobile apps, reporting to the VP of Design. You will partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop thoughtful user experiences. You will identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what's possible.
What you will do day-to-day:
- Collaborate with our internal partners across product, development, research, marketing, and beyond to shape the strategy, ideation, and execution of world-class creative.
- Hire, mentor, and guide creatives on day-to-day projects as well as career paths and goals.
- Build, develop, and lead a best-in-class team, prioritizing the development of a diverse, inclusive, and psychologically safe environment.
- Lead the ideation, art direction, and design of projects from start to finish.
- Deliver and solicit feedback to continually improve the Outputs brand and raise the quality and craftsmanship of our designs.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners and stakeholders.
- Provide feedback and art direction to external creative agencies and vendors.
- Get hands-on with projects when necessary to drive projects forward.
- Create high-quality UX documents and deliverables (user flows, sitemaps, frameworks).
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for a person with a growth mindset.
- We value people with unrelenting optimism and a can-do attitude.
- You should be able to roll with the punches being both flexible and adaptable to change.
- We try to maintain an egoless environment and our leadership should reflect that.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in web, native and cross-platform environments.
- Experience leading product strategy.
We are a strong group of music enthusiasts who share the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We're motivated by challenging and fulfilling work that pushes the industry standard. Diversity is fundamental to our organization; we foster a relaxed and inclusive environment where everyone can grow both personally and professionally.
We are currently working remotely on a PST schedule and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. Once we are able to return it will be on a voluntary basis. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. Our culture has always valued our employee's work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music aficionados - with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).
- Healthcare Package
- 5 weeks of PTO
- Work from home policy
- Flexible schedule
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Employee discount/perks