Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, CRM/email, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. We work with clients including L’Oreal Paris, Gap, Barry’s, ScottsMiracle-Gro & Hu.
We are looking for a Design Intern to join our Design team. This is a paid, 12-week full-time program and you can work remotely. As a design intern, you will work alongside our team members and build experience on projects like content creation for social campaigns, website redesigns, and email marketing campaigns. You will receive guidance and feedback along the way and also have various opportunities to contribute during creative brainstorming sessions. You are not required to be on-site for this internship as we are a remote-first team with members of the team located around the world.
As a team, we value continuous growth and learning, a team-first mentality, focus & discipline, and a positive attitude. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- Experience: Previous design internship experience is a plus. Good eye for layout, color and typography. Has a good understanding of web design principles.
- Creativity: Has the ability to work within an existing design system and also contribute fresh ideas and new approaches/insight to challenges.
- Positive Attitude: Enthusiastic and able to contribute at any given stage throughout the process. Actively takes the lead on a given task and can pitch in wherever help is needed.
- Flexibility: Eager and open to learning new software and trying new design techniques. Shows initiative to understand new processes.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to confidently express ideas and also knows when to listen.
- Proactive: Independently schedules design reviews and actively participates when relevant in internal and client-facing meetings.
- Skills: Comfortable working in the Adobe Suite. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required (our designers are not expected to build websites).
- Growth: Consistently seeks out answers to questions and initiates independent research to overcome challenges. Always goes the extra mile to educate self when working in new spaces.
- Time Management: Excellent organizational and time management skills.
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.