- Master’s degree in physics, engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience as a technical, module, or project lead developing display technologies for Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, or Mixed Reality
- 5 years of experience in photometric and radiometric testing of displays and metrology bases in the human visual system
- 5 years of experience in system design of display imaging pipelines for transparent displays
- 5 years of experience leveraging imaging system design to improve display systems or calibration processes
- 5 years of experience developing, interrogating, and verifying quantitative system level simulations in Python, C, or MATLAB
- 5 years of experience influencing product requirements and module specifications for product markets and/or architectures
- Knowledge of the human visual system
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
As a Design Lead, you will work with our engineering team to lead the design, implementation, and verification of display systems to product launches. You will work with domain partners to manage trade-offs in system and component design throughout the product development cycle. You will have experience in display performance, modeling, and verification.
In this role, you will grow display architectures, enabling technologies, and designs that enable Augmented Reality at Google.
The Google Augmented Reality team is a diverse group of experts tasked with building the foundations for great immersive computing and building helpful, delightful user experiences. We're focused on making immersive computing accessible to billions of people through mobile devices, and our scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Explore and evaluate hardware, software, and manufacturing architectural choices
- Gather system requirements, define high-level architecture capability, lead the decomposition of complex designs to execution of hardware design, product validation, and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Partner with the hardware and software engineering teams in the development of performance models
- Lead system design trade-offs throughout the product design lifecycle across product requirements, hardware, software, and manufacturing
- Work with cross-functional teams to validate architecture proposals and implementation