We are looking for a Design manager for the Money design team. As a design Manager you will manage and guide a global team of highly talented designers and work with cross-functional partners to prioritize work and help evolve the long term vision across the Money domain.
About the Role
As a Design Manager for Money, you'll be instrumental in evolving our core payments and financial product experiences for users to pay & get paid across Uber's growing number of businesses. The problems we're solving in the payment space are universal, but the payment landscape & payment related needs, attitudes, & behaviors of our users vary greatly across the world, and you'll help us navigate exactly that.
You will focus your time and effort on building elegant and refined product experiences, turning early concepts into inspiring visions, building collaborative cross-functional partnerships and contributing to an excellent design culture.
What You'll Do
- Help evolve the product vision for the future of Money related experiences.
- Coach, mentor, and hire designers.
- Encourage your team to push the boundaries towards innovation and user delight, while balancing business objectives.
- Help designers collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams like Rider, Eats, Earner and Uber for Business.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data, and Business peers and leaders.
- Align team priorities and deliverables to the company's overall strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with your design peers to ensure we build a consistent and cohesive overall product.
- Ensure your team leverages and contributes towards high-quality platform design and engineering libraries.
- Produce high-quality design experiences and products that deliver Money experiences that benefits all of Uber.
- Help elevate the Design community, culture, and processes on Money, in our design studio and across the globe.
- 5+ years of product design experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Demonstrate long term thinking around strategic and business-focused activities.
- Will have shipped many successful software products with significant impact on the user experience and business.
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to leverage their respective insights
- Will have managed and mentored both junior and more senior product designers.
- Proven track record to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.