Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
As a researcher on our HelloSign team, you will lead initiatives that guide Dropbox company innovations on a global scale. In this Senior Researcher role, you will be responsible for defining, leading, analyzing, and socializing research studies as you collaborate with cross-functional team members to deliver innovative document workflows and product solutions. You will have the opportunity to influence product direction and address unmet customer needs in this exciting space.
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams
- Design, plan, and execute research that impacts product team immediate roadmaps and longer term strategies
- Implement multi-method research studies that incorporate both qual and quant methodologies
- Adapt research process and practices to the growing needs of the organization
- Advocate and guide strategy for design and product direction
- Collaborate closely with researchers, PMs, Design, Data Science, and Marketing to foster customer-centric decision making
- Socialize research within cross-functional teams and across the company in innovative and engaging ways
- 5+ years of UX-related work experience
- Broad experience with a variety of research methods applied across the product development process
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other researchers, designers, data scientists, product managers and engineers
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Experience conducting rapid research in a scrappy environment
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $113,600 - $133,600 - $153,600.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change.
To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).