Visa Global Product Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Research & Accessibility, Design Engineering, Design Operations and Content Creation & Design Strategy.
Research & Accessibility is looking for a Design Researcher to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa's applications and products.
All of our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, developers and product managers to create research strategies driven by business goals and priorities. You must be results-oriented and have the ability to work independently, prioritizing many competing needs and effectively navigating ambiguity. We prefer candidates be located in one of our Design Research hubs—Austin, Atlanta, Seattle, and San Francisco
Role responsibilities include:
· Work closely with product managers, clients and other stakeholders to create UX strategies that align with business goals and priorities
· Propose and execute on UX research roadmaps
· Plan and lead usability tests (web and mobile), as well as a full spectrum of generative, iterative, and evaluative design research activities, including surveys, interviews, tree tests and card sorting
· Create personas, journey maps, user flows, wireframes and concepts
· Plan, facilitate and produce deliverables from design thinking workshops
· Analyze existing software (web and mobile) for usability issues and provide recommendations for improvement
· Create, analyze and validate information architecture
· Quickly propose possible solutions to UX issues to guide design
· Manage stakeholder, partner and vendor relationships
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree)
· Minimum of 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Design, HCI or equivalent experience; Masters Degree in related field
· Experience launching world-class UX solutions for the web and mobile
· Experience with qualitative and quantitative UX research techniques such as surveys, interviews, usability tests, tree tests and card sorting
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.