Thycotic and Centrify, both leaders in privileged access management, are now merging to create the most extensive platform in the identity security market, bringing together complementary product capabilities, best-in-class technology, and unmatched expertise to better enable, and protect the modern, hybrid enterprise. ThycoticCentrify will benefit from a shared commitment to innovation, strengthening of clients’ cyber defense, and to assemble leading cybersecurity talent.
Privileged access management, one of the fastest-growing areas in cybersecurity today, is expected to double from $2.2B to $5.4B by 2025 according to KuppingerCole. Organizations struggle to keep up with the complexity of protecting the ever-growing number of privileged accounts created by the business requirements to move more infrastructure and services into the cloud. This cloud-centric business transformation has created more opportunities for cyber-attackers and driven a greater need for better control and compliance around these types of accounts. Backed by the financial strength of TPG Capital, the combined company brings together complementary product capabilities, best-in-class technology, and unmatched expertise to better enable and protect the modern, hybrid enterprise in an environment defined by ever-increasing, identity-based cyber-attacks.
Our UX team is responsible for multiple standalone products plus a new product offering we are building that combines most of what we have into a single new responsive and accessible platform. We have a robust design system already that is implemented in most of the products. Our developers, who code Angular components and you will design in Figma to replace what we have and add new components.
As an experienced UX/UI Designer, you’ll bring a high level of craftsmanship to the design components that bring our product design to life. You can identify common design patterns throughout web and native mobile platforms and adapt good patterns our UX designers agree upon into our system. You champion and enforce best practices while introducing fresh, modern, and accessible components for our evolving product line.
You enjoy collaborating with and mentoring designers and are patient with developers, not just dictating the system to them, but helping them understand why. You assist in critical thinking, visual design planning and can uphold consistency, but be flexible to accommodate change and constraints we encounter. Frequent design reviews of newly developed work will be one way we strive for standardization across the product line.
You’ll join a team that has launched many products using our existing design system and be able to grow and evolve the system we have, using creativity and ingenuity, working with UX designers, our accessibility specialist, product owners and our engineers.
This is a remote/telecommute position based out of your home office. You will report to the Manager UX/UI Product Design, and this team resides within the Product Team.
- Evaluate and develop system-level design components that create a unified user experience, providing solutions that improve the holistic experience and not just a solitary feature.
- Collaborate with the manager, UX designers and the accessibility specialist to create an exciting new brand direction for our new product and ensure inclusive design is upheld.
- Initiate, lead and facilitate design discussions, workshops, and virtual whiteboarding sessions.
- Act as a partner with product managers and front-end developers to create, modify and deliver system-level designs that scale across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to understand business, technical, user requirements and dependencies, and develop scalable solutions for the library components.
- Communicate designs, verbally and visually, to stakeholders and other team members. We would like to develop a great online handbook to use for training and education.
- Productively address feedback from managers, users and designers, we want everyone to feel ownership of the design system.
- Provide clear documentation for your designs and work with engineering through the implementation process, reviewing and ensuring designs are accurately executed.
- Educate other designers, engineers, and product managers on how to use our design system and evangelize the system.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven experience in UX/UI design system development – enterprise desktop app experience is highly valued as well as mobile app experience.
- Strong visual and UI design skills, with a portfolio of work to show.
- Understanding of visual design principles, including layout, typography, color theory, and information hierarchy.
- Understanding of fundamental user-centered design principles and methodologies and interest or experience in user research like user testing, interviews, and discovery research.
- Direct experience creating, contributing to or leading the design of component-based design systems. Figma prototyping expertise is essential for the design of these components and our delivered designs to engineers.
- Understanding of native mobile and responsive design methodologies and patterns.
- Several years of Figma experience is needed. We have a Figma-based design system and Angular based component library.
- Ability to concisely document and express interface and interaction guidelines that can be readily understood by leadership and applied by engineers.
- Knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards, but we have an accessibility specialist to work with so understanding the importance and being able to design solutions that are accessible is what we are really looking for.
- Experience working in Agile delivery environments and with multiple product teams, with an iterative and continuous pace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Willingness to think outside the box and innovate with motion design or other slick interaction elements we can make accessible is a plus.
- A great attitude and team spirit is needed - we are a small team trying to achieve great things.
- Experience working from home would be great - we are a remote UX team so virtual collaboration is how we work together.
- Cybersecurity industry experience is a plus.
Why Work at ThycoticCentrify?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
We take care of our employees. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.