Designer 2 | Digital Transformation studios
Are you interested in working on a cutting-edge business that understands and values your work and sees user experience, customer experience, and service design as key strategic priorities? Join us as an interaction design oriented UXer on Dynamics 365, the next generation business application in the cloud.
The company and team
At Microsoft, we have a clear mission and bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through our technology and innovation. Our Dynamics 365 team is charged with crafting solutions that help customers transform their companies—whether they want to empower employees, engage customers, optimize their operations, or change the very nature of their product or business model.
Our vision as a Design Studio:
- Design experiences customers love.
- Work as a unified team.
- Deliver success.
- Become even better every day.
We're growing, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join a positive and collaborative team—where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves—and work at the forefront of Microsoft’s product portfolio.
Our teams design experiences around identity, order orchestration, order fulfillment, and automating fulfillment using real-time omnichannel inventory data, AI, and machine learning. This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission and focus contributing to our success. We believe in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas, skills, backgrounds, work / life balance, and the joy of solving challenging problems. We strive for a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish and innovate, including in our own approaches to the ever-changing global climate.
As a designer on our team, you'll bring your skills to your fellow design collaborators with optimism, a self-motivated attitude, and an open mind. You'll be responsible for delivering design and innovation across multiple facets of the design process, including sketching, prototyping, storyboarding, information architecture, interaction design, and usability.
A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation. Showcase your experience in UX and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern. We’d like to see a diversity of projects but be careful that your portfolio doesn't get scattered or overly long—focus on curation and quality to choose a solid collection of outcomes and design intermediaries and deliverables (especially flows, mockups, and prototypes), and be sure the portfolio demonstrates the design and thought process behind each image.
- Design degree or equivalent experience plus 3-+ years’ industry experience in interactive design, visual design, and/or information architecture.
- Demonstrated breadth across IA, usability, IxD, and visual design
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
- Talented at quick turn arounds of rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment and proven ability to work with data from customers
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently, and rapidly produce deliverables
- Proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Figma