Are you interested in working on a fast-growing cloud-based business that sees user experience, customer experience, and service design as key strategic priorities? Join us as an interaction design-oriented designer on Dynamics 365, the next generation business application in the cloud.
You’ll design experiences that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity. The role’s broad scope will give you ample room to flex your design muscles—both on projects that have immediate impact on the Dynamics 365 business as well as explorations that shape our long-term strategy, vision and UX direction.
The company and team
At Microsoft, we have a clear mission and bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through our technology and innovation. To make that a reality, our Dynamics 365 team is charged with crafting solutions that help customers transform their companies—whether they want to empower employees, engage customers, optimize their operations, or change the very nature of their product or business model.
Our vision as a Design Studio:
- Design experiences customers love.
- Work as a unified team.
- Deliver success.
- Become even better every day.
Cloud + AI Design Studios ships business apps that meet the same usability, performance, and design standards as the best consumer apps: The Azure cloud platform, Power BI, PowerApps, Flow, Stream, and many more. As designers, our goal is to bring humanity and simplicity to every product we design. Dynamics 365 is our newest endeavor.
We're growing, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join a positive and collaborative team—where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves—and work at the forefront of Microsoft’s product portfolio.
You’re a designer who loves to learn, solve challenges, and envision breakthrough ideas. You’re a tireless advocate for the customer—enthusiastic about building and iterating on designs to discover what works best and applying your knowledge to create incredible software products. You're passionate about your interests, and you want to work on projects that will change the world for the better.
You’ll work in a focused team, collaborating with fellow interaction designers, content designers, visual and motion designers, and researchers.
You're fluent at communicating with product managers and developers as well as influencing your team and studio to simplify, integrate, and co-create successful customer experiences that work together. And you’re comfortable influencing others around a common goal, drive clarity, and derive feasible product solutions that will help make Dynamics 365 a suite of business apps that customers will love.
You bring these things to the role:
- Design degree or equivalent experience plus 3+ years’ industry experience in interactive design, visual design, and/or information architecture.
- Demonstrated breadth across IA, usability, IxD, and visual design
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
- The ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently, and rapidly produce deliverables
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Balsamiq, and Sketch
- Passionate curiosity for UX and UI patterns and ready for hands-on pixel execution
- Inclusive design is embraced as a challenge, not a limitation
- Systems thinking: Ability to take a broad, holistic view to product and experience design
- Understanding and applying customer feedback, research, and telemetry to the design process
- Effective storytelling
- Proficiency with Figma preferred
A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation. Highlight your experience in UX and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern.