Designer Blue Owl
Graphic DesignSan Francisco, US, Remote2 months ago
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all using rich customer insights, advanced mobile technology and data science. We've started by reinventing insurance, and by rethinking the technologies that enable it. Our cloud-native InsurTech solution is providing a platform that rewards people for driving well, creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're re-engineering a trillion dollar category- and that’s just the beginning. Ultimately we're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology. It’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
The BlueOwl brand design team is responsible for the definition and evolution of the HiRoad brand, ensuring the development and implementation of best-in-class brand expressions across multiple media formats and marketing channels. We are a cross-functional, collaborative and empathetic team dedicated to creating innovative, compelling experiences, platforms and campaigns that drive our business and brand forward.
We are looking for a designer to join a growing team to support creative initiatives and the development of holistic brand design systems that showcase the HiRoad brand. You'll work across our content, brand, communications, creative and growth teams to evolve and grow the brand look, feel and personality across channels and media. You’ll partner with brand marketing, production, design and experience experts to deliver bold new solutions and craft beautiful and delightful marketing experiences that shape the visual representation of the brand to help convert new customers.
- Collaborate with both creative and non-creative partners to execute at the highest level of craft through open communication and within established processes and timelines.
- Develop and execute creative solutions across a wide array of mediums including illustration, animation, video, and photography to drive innovative, interesting and useful content.
- Work iteratively to develop multiple creative expressions in an effort to generate the best possible creative solutions for any given output.
- Conceptualize new campaign ideas and social tactics based on established voice and tone. Develop creative proposals, mockups and decks to kickstart new campaigns.
- Present ideas and concepts to stakeholders, collaborate and iterate based on feedback from cross-functional partners.
- Maintain consistency and alignment to the HiRoad brand through ongoing definition and maintenance of our design style guide.
- Test and iterate different types of content (written, voice, video, etc) across channels.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise (must haves)
- 3-5 years of design experience.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work.
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly, multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, and After Effects.
- Experience across multiple forms of creative expression and production: traditional, digital, social, experiential and product.
- Detail oriented, ability to deliver polished creative executions under tight deadlines with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills and an ability to present work intelligently and concisely in internal reviews and in stakeholder meetings.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment with multi-discipline teams.
- Experience working remotely with teams in other locations and time zones.
Bonus Points (nice to haves)
- Experience working in growing startup environments.
- Experience working with teams in the insurtech and fintech industries.
- Knowledge of 3D (Cinema 4D, Maya or 3ds Max).
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), annual educational reimbursement and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area resident.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
What We Need
- A resume and a link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work. If applicable, passwords should be included in portfolio submission.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.