At Apple great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Apple Media products combines unparalleled user interface design with world-class content across TV, Music, Apps, Games and more. We are seeking an experienced visual designer to join our Media Products Design team in an exciting and fast-paced organization.
The ideal designer will have a passion for taking on complex problems and designing elegant, simple solutions that surprise and delight users. We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide. Join this team if you’re committed to making every human interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for our users.
- 8+ years work experience
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing visual and graphic design work across a variety of platforms including iOS, TV and web.
- A command of visual and communication design principles including typography, iconography and grid systems with experience applying this knowledge to digital experiences.
- Experience designing, maintaining and implementing design systems with precision from start to finish including the development process.
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches, high-fidelity comps and/or prototypes.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Previous experience working in branding, marketing and/or art direction is highly recommended.
- A deep understanding of the Apple design aesthetic, UI, and history.
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers is a requirement.
We are looking for an extraordinary hands-on visual designer to work across all Apple Media Products. You will be responsible for bringing an uncompromising bar of quality to the look and feel of digital experiences and how they’re represented across platforms. You have experience working across a variety of design areas, including branding, visual design, art direction and interactive. You are a problem-solver responsible for conceptualizing, designing and implementing visual elements and new experiences based on product requirements. Deliverables include design mockups, production of visual assets and producing documentation required for implementation with engineering teams. You flourish in a dynamic, ever-changing, and deadline driven environment. You are a natural collaborator and a phenomenal communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, and Senior Management. Prior experience working within a technical environment is recommended.
You should possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principals. You have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable and systematic solutions. Interest in new and inventive visual approaches across a variety of mediums is required. You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Interaction, Media Arts or similar.