At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
About PayPal PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 361 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Venmo, Braintree, Honey, and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies, and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This role is for a talented designer with experience in growth marketing to take our creative design to the next level at Venmo, with an emphasis on lifecycle marketing assets. By combining performance metrics and your design creativity, you’ll contribute to driving both growth and customer delight for Venmo through brilliant email designs.
The ideal candidate has broad design experience with strong knowledge of email design best practices. This individual will be able to bring new design ideas to the team on a regular basis, that both innovate and represent the Venmo brand. They will strive to revisit and iterate creative assets for optimal performance. They’ll thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual should have a passion for the Venmo brand, our customers, and an awareness for current trends in the industry and design.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design lifecycle creative and other Venmo Marketing creative assets
- Collaborate with marketing leads and copywriters to concept, design, and deliver impactful and innovative creative
- Contribute regularly to team creative reviews, and be a thoughtful advocate for our brand and visual language
- Combine internal metrics and learnings with industry insights to iterate and optimize campaign creative
- Incorporate email and accessibility best practices into the work process
- Work closely with email developers throughout the design process and QA process
- Leverage Venmo brand and visual design language while continually pushing boundaries and contributing new design approaches
- Contribute to and help maintain our creative asset library
- Troubleshoot project problems as they arise, work directly with partners to resolve issues, and follow up on process to ensure progress and efficiency
- Set goals, project plans, and follow up on timelines and deliverables
Experience And Skills (the What)
- At least 8 years of professional design proficiency
- Experience designing and optimizing emails for mobile across many devices
- Excellent knowledge of email design best practices
- Strong proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Prior experience in financial or app-based company preferred
- Some knowledge of optimizing for dark mode and html a plus
Qualities And Behaviors (the How)
- Creative, think-outside-the-box approach to design
- Executes and leads projects with little supervision
- Collaborative throughout the design process
- Curious when problem solving
- Pivots and manages multiple shifting priorities
- Communicates often, by following up and following through
The type of marketer that flourishes at PayPal
- Middle-brained Marketer who can flex across the funnel while driving connectivity of marketing with the business
- Results Focus – is a business builder who ties all work back to overall commercial impact
- Strong Collaborator who partners with stakeholders for win-win
- Change Agent – we are rapidly evolving as a business and need someone who can be at the helm to lead change
- Thought Leader – uncovers consumer insights to create new marketing opportunities
- Nurturer of Talent to bring out the best in individuals and teams
- Deals with Ambiguity to take the unknown into action
- Challenges the Status Quo and believes things can always be improved
- A believer in the “Greater Good” one who always puts others’ needs above their own
- Lives and believes in the company values
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.