Designer Do Big Things
Graphic DesignRemote3 days ago
At Do Big Things we fight for powerful, lasting change. Our team uplifts candidates and causes through digital storytelling and tools that amplify diverse voices and empower communities.
We are driving the digital innovation necessary to create the change we need in our world and we are the people we serve. DBT is proud to be women-owned and women-led, with a staff that’s 50% people of color.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a skilled and determined Graphic Designer for a part-time position. The successful applicant will work directly with the team on branding, social, and advertising design projects.
Applicants must have a solid portfolio, experience with visual branding, layout composition, social media and digital ads, honed communication skills, the drive to learn and a drive to help organizations large and small succeed.
- Design and manage client brand assets (social media graphics, logos, style tiles, style guides, illustrations, email templates, and online ads).
- Produce print and online client style guides to document brand standards (messaging, language, colors, fonts, illustration, iconography, etc).
- Work on client discovery and branding research, and produce mood boards, style tiles, and presentation decks to sell clients on concepts and art direction.
- Mobile app and website design experience.
- Design and produce simple motion graphics for social and web using Adobe After Effects.
- Work with the design team to develop digital assets to be used across various channels.
- Conceptualize, develop, and produce exceptional designs for assigned projects.
- Design and create visually compelling Google Slides/Keynote presentations and print materials.
- Assist in creating new company marketing materials, including case studies, social graphics, copy and proofreading for proposals.
- Coordinate on projects independently, working directly with clients where appropriate.
- Assist in managing and/or executing content production such as sourcing imagery and creating graphics.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and trends in content and marketing (social media, search engine optimization, and user experience in particular).
Skill & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4-6+ years experience in design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience producing graphics for social media and digital ads
- Attention to detail and strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Experience working with Developers and with WordPress
- Experience with Figma
- Experience managing projects
- Experience with progressive political campaigns and nonprofit advocacy organizations is a plus
- Video editing experience a plus
Compensation & Perks
Competitive compensation: We offer a strong hourly rate of up to $70 per/hour for 20 hours a week with the ability to flex up to 25 hours hours per week based on project needs.
Work-life balance: Do Big Things is a remote company with offices in Chicago and Washington, D.C and team members located in the U.S., Mexico and Argentina. Prior telecommuting experience is a plus, but not required.
You can work from home and/or in a co-working space.
Amazing team. We are an inspiring and award-winning group of smart, passionate, principled and good-spirited people. Check out our mission, vision and values to learn more.
At Do Big Things, we believe the diversity of ideas, perspectives and cultures that our employees contribute to our company is among our strongest assets. DBT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA community and others are strongly encouraged to apply.
WANT TO APPLY?
We’d love to hear from you. Send your resume, portfolio link and cover letter to email@example.com with “Part-time Designer” in the subject line.