Graphic DesignUS, Remote2 months ago
PCMag and Ziff Media Group are seeking a talented and self-starting Designer to help make our brands’ visuals more diverse, creative, and distinctive.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in graphic design, logo design, photo editing, and magazine design.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable juggling multiple projects and has a passion for creative and compelling publication design for both print and digital.
You’ll work side-by-side with other designers, illustrators and animators from the ZMG Art Team. Our major coverage areas include technology, entertainment, internet culture, and social good.
The Designer is part of the ZMG Art Team and reports to the Senior Illustrator and the Art Director.
- Your main responsibility will be the creation of the PCMag Digital Edition, a digital magazine that is sent to PCMag Subscribers every month as a PDF. The Designer works with editors to plan out and execute the cover art, lay out articles from PCMag writers, source and create photos and photoillustrations, and build the full magazine from front to back.
- You’ll also work on day-to-day assignments for the PCMag.com website, such as sourcing and downloading stock images and product photos for writers and editors, and creating bold, eye-catching photoillustrations for articles.
- In addition to your day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll work with writers and editors on long-term enterprise projects, designing logos, charts, graphs, and maps.
- Your work will help define PCMag on multiple platforms in the digital space, ranging from distributed promotional materials and newsletters to shareable social media on our various channels.
- Organizational skills are a must: You will be expected to manage your time effectively. This is a deadline-driven environment, and that goes for all images and art assets.
- A portfolio that showcases various skills, specializing in graphic design, logo design, and print design/page layout
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Comfort with tight deadlines and staggered assignments
- Creativity and willingness to work with teammates to solve visual problems
- A desire to learn and grow –– just as we hope to learn from you as well!
- A positive, can-do attitude