Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and implementation of world-class communications. We believe strongly that design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. And the Design Team is at the creative core of Marcom.
The Product Graphics team plays a central part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work. This role provides creative development and implementation of graphics on new and sustaining products.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a graphic design organization for consumer electronics, preferred.
- You care deeply about product graphics and design. You have appreciation for quality, can communicate clearly, and have patience for the process—both in engineering and design.
- You collaborate and demonstrate a flexible approach to working across multiple teams and styles.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and handle ambiguity with grace.
- You love the details (highly meticulous), simultaneously demonstrating the ability to envision a macro-view of design objectives and foresee potential roadblocks.
- You are inventive and enthusiastic, a problem solver, at ease with being part of a growing organization. You dream of working in a creative environment, learn quickly, and you can accommodate rapid change.
- You are enthusiastic about supporting team-culture, are a strong team partner and coach.
- Expertise in 3D print/marking techniques and manufacturing processes is required.
- Computer skills/software: Expert in Adobe CC (specifically Illustrator), and other applications including Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign.
- Basic knowledge of database/operations systems is preferred, such as Agile, Radar, Incline.
The Product Graphics designer will partner with a team of Product Graphics Producers and cross-functional teams (i.e. Industrial Design, Product Marketing, Product Design, Manufacturing Design and Regional Compliance Teams) to ensure product graphic design that reflects Apple’s standards for simplicity and elegance.
Responsibilities range from developing and placement of graphics across new and sustaining hardware products and their related components including logos, glyphs, personalization, regulatory markings, and other regionally mandated on- product markings.
This role is vital to ensuring the delivery of accurate artwork and on-time results at each stage of design development. Their responsibilities will also include oversight on project status in collaboration with their Producer, priorities and approvals for launch execution, facilitating design direction and brainstorming with Product Graphics Producers and Industrial Design to develop and finalize graphic studies.
A successful Designer must be able to simultaneously handle several projects in various stages of design with multiple collaborators. The ideal candidate has an eye and passion for design with a strong attention to detail. This person must be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
Collaborate with Producers to gather design assets necessary to build artwork (CAD drawings, regulatory, safety, cross-functional and in region content, product code numbers, and branding names).
Brainstorm with Product Graphics Producer, ID and Cross functional teamsD to develop and finalize graphic studies.
Apply typography standard methodologies, line-weight, how type relates on varying surfaces (plastics/metals/fibers/other material), as well as an assortment of print methods.
Ensure consistency in minimalist design style and product ecosystem for the client’s design aesthetic and consistency.
With the support of Product Graphics Producers, secure artwork for approval from all relevant cross-functional teams.
Review photo/FAI (first article inspection) to ensure correct artwork implementation. Work with Producers and internal partners directly to communicate and resolve implementation issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Graphic Design preferred.