Wiedner Studio is a London-based practice specialising in strategy, design and development for the cultural and creative sector. Clients include high profile galleries, architecture practices and artists.
We are looking for an experienced freelance designer starting July 2021.
– UX/UI: creating concepts, designs and prototypes
– presenting and discussing your work internally and externally
– creating and using design systems based on visual identities
– liaising with developers from handover to quality assurance
The ideal candidate
– a minimum of 3 years experience as a digital designer
– a concise portfolio showing a range of work from concept to implementation, clearly indicating roles and responsibilities for each project
– a thorough understanding of graphic design principles, in particular typography and grid systems and their application and limitations in digital design
– expert knowledge of Figma and solid working knowledge of related design and image editing software
– understanding of the basics of front end development
– interest in and ideally experience working with visual arts and culture
– the ability to reflect critically on current design trends
Contract and salary
We are currently hiring on a freelance 3 month contract starting July 2021 with the potential to develop into a longer term role.
The day rate will be competitive and depend on experience.
We are a London-based studio but open to hybrid or remote working.
How to apply
Please send your CV, portfolio and a short statement explaining why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘freelance designer’ in the subject.
Please include your current day rate in your application.
The deadline is 13 July.
We are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date, you have not been shortlisted.