Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Are you passionate about solving problems for document productivity software that is used by almost a billion users!? Adobe is looking for Director of Design for Acrobat to lead a sizable group of design managers and individual contributors who craft experiences across web, multiple mobile apps and desktop applications while using AI/ML technologies. Working closely with Product and Engineering executives, you will provide strategic design direction, finding resolution to ambiguous problem spaces and have a tremendous impact on how we all work with documents.
What you'll Do
- You will coach and mentor other leaders. You will attract design talent to the team, hire, grow, retain and promote designers and design managers.
- You will build a high-performing collaborative environment and encourage deep partnership with cross-functional teams, setting a high bar for design craft, and defining and executing design strategy for 1.0s, and leading all aspects of design execution across releases on multiple channels and platforms.
- You will own the creation of deliverables that articulate design strategy on a few pivotal initiatives.
- You will help execute on monthly and quarterly product releases while ensuring that we ship at the highest design quality levels
What you need to succeed
- Degree or 10+ years of equivalent practical experience
- Leading empathetically, fostering an inclusive and empowering environment for the design team to do innovative and impactful work
- Championing for customer-centric and holistic design at all levels in the organization
- Experience working with executives on ambiguous problems and crafting big picture strategies driven by design. Phenomenal oral and written communication skills are a pre-requisite.