Director of Product Design Vonage
ProductLondon, UK, Atlanta, GA, US, Remotea month ago
Vonage believes that great design is something that you cannot see. It is so intuitive that it becomes one with the experience. Are you a design leader who is passionate about impacting design for applications and services to be used by a huge number of people around the world? Do you believe in the mix of delightful design and right product fit can create an awesome user experience? If so, this opportunity might be for you. Vonage is one of a few companies that can say we are changing the way the 7 billion people communicate - do you want to be part of this journey?
This role can be fully remote, but if you are close to one of our office locations such as London or Atlanta - we would be also keen to hear from you!
What you will do:
As Director of Product Design, you will act as a player/coach to a team who are delivering best in practice product design and user experiences to our wide range of customers. This is a pivotal role and requires excellent collaboration skills to interface with Product, Engineering and Marketing to ensure we can execute the product strategy by deploying best in class research techniques that provide the customer insight needed to deliver customer centric designs.
Vonage offers a wide array of products and applications built on a unified design system and marketed internationally through digital touch points. We are looking for a strong visual voice and a conceptual thinker who can articulate design directions clearly and convincingly while also having a willingness to execute that vision through individual contributions.
- Own the end to end design process from gathering insights from generative and evaluative research and then working with Product to execute
- identify the best opportunities both to improve our current products and services and also create innovative new ones.
- Partnering with stakeholders to ensure that MVPs are well-defined and the design work is implemented to a high standard.
- Work work cross functionally with teams such as brand and marketing,to make sure the team moves in-step and amplify each others impact
- Drive design reviews, the design system and ensure that the services are unified with a tone, voice and look that is true to Vonage.
What We're Looking For From You…
- Empathy is one of your core beliefs. It is essential within our company and in the communities we serve. If problems arise, you’ll assume good intent and push forward to fix it
- Strong leadership capabilities - demonstrable ability to inspire your team to deliver to their full potential - preferably across multiple time zones
- Background in product design, having worked as an IC before stepping into leadership roles - with a good grasp of modern design thinking and principles - always putting the customer experience first
- Experience working with and influencing key Engineering, Marketing and Product stakeholders - bringing them along on the journey