A Product Innovation Designer is ready to take on new challenges and bring new ideas to life! You are a “thinker-maker” with a talent for pragmatic design and passion for storytelling. Constantly analyzing the world around you, you naturally identify opportunities to create new products and services. With clients, you bring energy to engagements, create fast-paced, collaborative environments and thrive when leading client teams through ambiguity.
This Director level role is a key partner to building out the Innovation team at Nerdery. Reporting to the VP of Innovation, you will help refine our innovation frameworks and expand our portfolio of work with incredible brands through thought leadership and product design.
Nerdery’s Innovation Studio(NIS) is a specialized team that works side-by-side with clients from ideation to first build—rapidly accelerating the timeline to design breakthrough products and services. Working collaboratively with a small group of technologists and strategists, this role will lead the end-to-end design work for NIS clients, facilitating workshops, creating proof of concepts, conducting user testing and crafting compelling visions for investment. NIS clients are primarily Fortune 10 and Fortune 100 organizations with ambitions to integrate cutting-edge technologies to transform their brand experiences.
What you'll do
- Drive a multidisciplinary co-creation process. Lead conceptual product design; strategic thought leader in how to implement experiences that represent the most client-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology
- Advocate for design solutions and vision through innovation frameworks, storyboards, wireframes, mockups and prototypes; putting them in the context of business and user goals
- Partner with other strategists, designers, product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to define goals, develop product requirements and drive roadmap planning
- Identify relevant trends and developments; implement rapid, iterative approaches that enable fast learning
- Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
- Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
- Provide design thought leadership to senior business stakeholders, actively drives co-create approaches between Design and other stakeholders
Who you are
- You create and lead digital experiences while working in cross-discipline teams with developers, strategists, marketers, and product owners
- You have been an intra- or entrepreneur, product manager, or consultant – with experience bringing a scalable new offer to market, leading interdisciplinary teams, stewarding change, and collaborating with clients.
- Stays up to date and is knowledgeable regarding emerging technologies and how they impact Design
- You fundamentally think that when you design a new product, service, or experience, you’re simultaneously designing the broader business strategy and roadmap for future growth.
- You have excellent storytelling and narrative skills especially around your craft as well as outstanding communication, presentation, and design team collaboration skill
- Comfort working with a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced development environment and also running independent projects
- Enthusiasm in communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at various levels of the organization making them feel simple and approachable
- Experience leading Design Systems: reusable components, patterns and accessibility standards
- Highly proficient with prototyping tools and software e.g.) Figma
- Experience mentoring or leading designers on complex projects
- You have an online portfolio with examples of user workflows, design mockups, design system and documentation reflecting the thinking used to solve specific customer or business problems