Applications will be accepted through September 2, 2021.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Durham, NC, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in a senior strategy or product design role.
- 10 years of experience leading teams, solving design problems, and delivering product solutions.
- Experience managing managers.
- Experience contributing to innovative, successful products.
- Experience working collaboratively with designers and executives in product management and engineering.
- Experience creating a culture that nurtures talented designers.
- Ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
- Strong communication skills.
About the job
As the Director of UX for Google Workspace Communications, you will have a blend of product vision, organizational leadership, and a high bar for craft. You will drive collaboration, transparency, and clarity between multiple teams, and functions, while fostering a culture of user-centric design.
You have excellent communication skills – astute at deciphering the nuances of technically complex problems, and articulating and advocating a UX viewpoint. The role requires a strong product design sensibility, with the ability to create simple, elegant solutions for complex, data-rich workflows.
As a UX leader and product executive, you will define and drive the future design of communication. You will identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. And possess a clear vision of the future of UX, whilst having the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for excellent UX to guide research and design processes, develop and grow talented members of your team, and fully enable your teams to create the best possible experiences across all of Google Workspace.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Drive a compelling product vision for the communications tools for Google Workspace, working with Product Managers, Engineering, and cross-Google UX teams.
- Lead all phases of UX design work: distilling research, design ideation, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation. Make decisions around priorities and stand for quality.
- Contribute to strategic roadmaps with cross-functional leadership and manage multiple complex schedules to on-time delivery. Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders to drive user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Attract, hire, and grow a design team. Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary organization of interaction designers, researchers, visual designers, prototypers, writers, motion designers, and program managers.
- Impart day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.