Applications will be accepted through September 25, 2021.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of professional experience, including 10 years of experience in an executive level role creating strategy and designing products.
- Experience in front-end mobile and web technologies.
- Experience working with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Experience in leading large teams and driving organizational design, career development, operations, and culture within UX organizations and in partnership with Product Managers and Engineering teams.
- Track record of key contributions to innovative, successful products and UI Platforms.
- Excellent managerial and operational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
- Outstanding UX portfolio, demonstrating clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions.
About the job
As UX Director for Local Search, you will be responsible for UX quality and features on Google Search. You will partner cross-functionally colleagues across Product Areas’s to craft and deliver on our overall Local Search strategy on a global scale.
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you will help define and drive the future of Google design. You will identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Lead the development and evolution of a multi-year product strategy for shifting user needs across local verticals, and build execution strategies across key surfaces.
- Build relationships with senior leaders and cross-functional partners to shape our overall strategy/plans for user trust. Plan and lead decision-making forums.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, Product Managers, legal, policy, PR, and marketing teams. Partner closely with compliance and develop a proactive strategy around the global regulatory environment.
- Build and manage a UX team, and set clear goals and objectives while balancing short term development with long term career growth.
- Communicate and advocate for best practices to partners to support the strategic priorities of Search and partner organizations.