A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships, meaningful impact, and close collaboration with clients across the globe.You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world.
Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients.
Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate UX Designer, you are the future of Human-centered design. You will be at the intersection of strategy, design, and technology to digitally reinvent business for our clients.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in User Experience Design activities such as UX research, interviews, and workshops in an Agile environment
- Synthesizing research findings and strategy to craft user experiences that connect people in meaningful, enduring ways with products, services, and brands
- Providing information verbally and visually through low-and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes
- Testing and validating working hypotheses through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes, and published products, as well as participating in design critique
- Working with other UX Designers, Visual Designers, Content Designers, Experience Strategists, Researchers, and Product Managers to understand users’ needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
- Delivering, reviewing, and critiquing the UX Designs of multi-skilled design teams to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc.)
We have a number of positions open in these locations:
- Cambridge, MA
- Columbus, OH
- New York, NY
- Atlanta, GA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have a portfolio of recent and relevant examples of hands-on experience in digital UX design projects
- Basic understanding of of user-centered design principles, traditional design principles, and understanding of UX and interactive design trends
- Interest in areas such as customer strategy, user research, information architecture, customer experience design, product design, and accessibility
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Engaged in the UX community with exposure to the latest developments in the industry
- Have initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills