A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships, meaningful impact, and close collaboration with clients across the globe.You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world.
Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Visual / UI Designer, you will build incredible experiences from dynamic interfaces to large systematic websites that improve design usability, accessibility, and aesthetic. You will be at the intersection of strategy, design, and technology to digitally reinvent business for our clients.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Translating brand and UX strategies, functions, and information into emotionally compelling and polished final designs that optimize the user experience and drive user behaviors
- Understanding client’s brands as well as having the ability to bridge brand, while understanding their business needs and technology goals
- Understanding and following accessibility guidelines for interface and website design
- Leveraging storytelling and design to present to key stakeholders
- Utilizing user-centered design principles and best practices to produce visuals such as user interfaces for multiple platforms, illustration, typography, photography, icons, data visualization, style guides, personas, journey maps, storyboards, and scenarios
- Balancing stakeholder needs and ensuring that human-centered projects are delivered and processes are continuously improved
We have a number of positions open in these locations:
- Cambridge, MA
- Columbus, OH
- New York, NY
- Atlanta, GA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have a Design portfolio with examples of hands-on experience of your Visual Design projects
- Basic understanding of designing for Web, mobile, wearables, and/or digital interfaces embedded in physical environments
- Exposure to any of the following Design & Prototyping tools: Sketch, inVision, Adobe Creative Cloud (including Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator), Figma, Apple Keynote, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Engaged in the UX community with exposure to the latest developments in the industry
- Have initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills