In your role as Experience Designer, reporting to a Manager, Communications Design, you will contribute to a new competitive gaming experience on EA.com, which means partnering across game teams, marketing, product management, design, engineering, and publishing to gain understanding and support their goals, always with an eye on quality, consistency, usability, and needs of our players. You will also provide support to EA's Competitive Gaming Entertainment events from a visual live services standpoint (creating and delivering assets in real-time during competitive events). As part of the broader UX Design family, you will be an important contributor to the EAX and CGE teams.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping and expanding EA's competitive gaming presence on the web; build consumer experiences that power EA's games and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expand our CGE presence across web and PC. We like to say that "we see farther," and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a track record for:
- Successfully delivering multiple digital products such as marketing websites, immersive experiences, native web/mobile applications.
- Adapting. Determining the best UX approaches based on player feedback and the competitive landscape and determining overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as you go.
- Understanding of the product life-cycle and building and iterating on products with large and established user bases.
- Requirements gathering. You proactively collect (sometimes conflicting) inputs from a variety of sources and partners to inform your work.
- Experience with information architecture, UX, and content strategy concepts and deliverables.
- Experience with responsive design best practices and designing for the mobile web
- Using a CMS to build webpages (AEM experience is a major plus)
- Prototyping and presentation-layer development; you can build what you design in HTML, CSS/JS, and in AEM using the NDS
- Fluent knowledge of Figma, the Adobe Suite and other design and rapid-prototyping tools
- Knowledge of current online product trends and best practices
You'll also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 4+ years of experience in UX and graphic design.
- Complete UX skills: problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development.
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Figma, Photoshop or others.
- Familiarity with enterprise content management systems, design systems, consumer-facing products, and multi-destination publishing platforms (create once, publish everywhere).
- Enthusiasm for gaming desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends a big plus
In a typical week, you could:
- Product owners, production designers, game studio teams, marketing managers, the Competitive Gaming team, and engineers to bring an ongoing roadmap of interactive features to life and support ongoing CGE events.
- The CMS and publishing teams to ensure the content-heavy features you'll design can be fulfilled by authoring workflows and publishing processes.
- UXR, CI, and analytics to inform UX strategy and ensure feature optimizations are measurably improving the player experience.
You'll build relationships and work with:
- Work with other designers to create outstanding web experiences
- Present ideas and pitch to partners and colleagues
- Oversee Production Designers building your vision
- Design web pages supporting important marketing campaigns
- Improve on existing design infrastructure and design new components
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.