About the job
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Please include URL(s) to an online portfolio in addition to your resume, as submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered. See tips on preparing for your design portfolio.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Los Angeles, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of design experience in an agency or an in-house creative team
- Experience with design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, Google Workplace, and 3D modeling programs)
- Portfolio of work that shows experience in design
- Experience building and leading a team of designers
- Experience influencing and collaborating with creative leaders
- Ability to communicate concepts and execute on designs
- Passion for experiential design
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours when necessaary
About The Job
The Events and Experiences team is part of the Google Marketing organization. This team brings the magic of Google to life through physical and digital experiences that make our brand accessible, tangible, human, and shareable. You will collaborate across teams and departments to create experiences that leave a lasting impression.
In this role, you will solve problems through visual communication. As an Experience Designer, you will be responsible for developing the design of Google’s Marketing moments. These deliverables will range from developing and directing the style guide, spatial design, layouts, materials, interactive experiences, and sets. You will serve as a liaison between the events team, marketing teams, and our agencies to ensure that the design vision is carried from concept through execution.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Clearly communicate design, vision, and creative intent via storyboards/mood boards, sketches, and 3D modeling while delegating to designers, animators, and creators.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the events and experiences team, product teams, and agency partners.
- Direct and design elements for in-person events as well as broadcast set design.
- Focus on both small-details and overall projects.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .