Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Every creative person in the world experiences Adobe’s products every day. This is your opportunity to help define the look and experience of those products.
We are a small, focused team that creates all of Adobe’s workflow icons and illustrations, defines the visual language across adobe.com, desktop, and mobile interfaces, and executes every facet of this language. We make pixels but also work in print. We create thousands of icons per year, and are highly focused on process. We obsess on details and craft. We believe in the power of critique. We work directly with other designers, marketing, and engineering teams. This is big, broad, challenging, and fun work that is highly visible.
Our team operates within a larger experience design team (Adobe Design) that works on virtually every product that Adobe makes. Adobe Design is an exciting team to work in and there are many opportunities for collaborations of all kinds, side projects, pro bono work, wayfinding, and more. We want you to help us build the look of Adobe’s products.
You are a designer with a highly refined aesthetic. You love sweating the details. You love participating in critiques of your own work and that of your collaborators. You spot badly drawn vectors in the world and wish you could fix it. You enjoy playing with visual metaphors. You understand what the visual difference is between 12 pixel and 50 pixel sized icons. You like creating and working in systems.
What you'll do
- Create beautiful icons for all Adobe’s surfaces. There are way more icons than you think and there are new ones all the time.
- Design the icon and illustration system: colors, rules, etc.
- Create templates and workflows for producing icons and illustrations for mobile, desktop, web, and any other place our products surface to customers.
- Work directly with our marketing department, product designers and managers, engineers, and other stakeholders throughout the cycle, balancing many projects simultaneously.
- Ensure that our work is implemented correctly inside of every experience.
- Craft communications including presentations, process documentation, and more.
- Help other designers with icon-related work.
What you need to succeed
- A high level of competency with Adobe’s creative products (Ps, Ai, Xd, Ae, etc.).
- BA or MA in design or an exceptional portfolio and resume
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience creating logos, icons, or other visual metaphors
- A love of all things design
How to apply
To be considered for this role you must submit a resume and portfolio.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
Experience A Day in the Life of Adobe Design
See Adobe Design work on Behance