Hey! We’re The HOTH.
Our name stands for Hittem’ Over the Head – in other words, to bludgeon with awesomeness.
It can be used as a noun (as in our product, or brand), or as a verb (to HOTH someone or HOTH something). And it's how our clients refer to one of the world's top Search Engine Marketing companies.
About The Position:
We are looking for a talented designer to join our recently developed design team!
We’ve always held our customer service at The HOTH to the highest standards and we want to extend that to our design and user experience. In this position, you’ll be working with multiple departments designing new features and promoting design consistency throughout the products.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for using design to solve problems and puts the user first. Come be part of the team that helps pave the way for design in the SEO world.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Translate insights from user research and analytics into concepts.
- Work closely with the design team to design and implement new features based on user data.
- Help create and maintain a company-wide style guide.
- Create design assets for website and marketing materials.
- Participate in design critique sessions to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Work across departments to promote and provide a consistent design.
- Audit design system for consistency and help advise individual product teams on correct component usage.
This is a freelance remote position.
- 3+ years of strong experience in product and UI design
- Knowledgeable about design patterns and UX best practices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of front-end technologies and languages (HTML/CSS/JS).
- Experience creating style guides and/or working with design systems.
- Experience with Adobe suite and Sketch.
- UX experience, specifically in the implementation of user testing and research through the design process
- Your portfolio should clearly outline the problems you’ve taken on with your design work and the process you applied to find the solution.
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development.
- Outgoing, personable, sociable, and easy-going.
- Great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Experience designing Branding and identity.
- Experience with front-end development.
- Experience or familiar with BEM naming convention.
- Experience working with PHP or WordPress
- We’re one of the best types of companies to work for – We’re already successful and growing, but not so big that you can’t be heard. We have a small team of hustlers and we are nimble and quick.
- We began as a small, bootstrapped startup from Chicago and we have now grown to be one of the largest Search Engine Marketing providers in the world.
- Thanks to our maniacal commitment to Hitting our customers Over The Head (aka. HOTHing) with awesome products and service, we’ve grown to well over 10,000+ high-value users all over the world.
- Our mission is to help as many people in the world with Search Engine Marketing as possible, and have a blast while doing it.
- We currently have a core team distributed throughout the US with a central office in St. Pete Florida, as well as a large international team.
Here are some reasons you want to work with us:
- We've been voted one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work for the last four years in a row by the Tampa Bay Business Journal!
- We are a driven, successful, fun company that is experiencing insane growth.
- We have awesome products, a great reputation, and systems for everything.
- Our branding is nuts. Our mascot is The HOTH monster and we have a 6’ tall HOTH costume.
- We’re awesome. 100% results-driven. No bullshitters.
- Cool office environment in downtown St. Pete - voted one of Tampa Bay's Coolest Office Spaces by the Tampa Bay Business Journal!
Fill out the application form. In the intro section, tell us a bit about yourself, why you're interested in this role, and include the word "banana" somewhere (bonus points for creativity!).