Graphic and Digital Designer Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Graphic DesignCanberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia, Remote2 months ago
About the job
$88,494 - $105,666 + superannuation (15.4%)
2 years non-ongoing
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Advisor, Digital Service Design, you will be responsible for the creative direction of AMSA’s digital and graphic content. With a natural passion for your craft, you will have an informed view on user experience principals and design trends and. In this role, you will work closely with business teams to deliver design concepts across a range of channels and help bring the AMSA brand to life. You’ll also oversee and maintain our corporate brand and guidelines, ensuring that all content consistently speaks our message no matter the medium.
ABOUT THE PERSON
People who are successful in this position should have:
- At least five years’ creative design experience in a government or corporate digital marketing environment;
- Proficiency with graphic design programs in a PC environment including: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Premiere Pro), Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Office 365 (SharePoint);
- Knowledge of the Digital Service Standard and WCAG and experience in applying them to UX/UI design;
- Proficiency in video editing and photography;
- Knowledge of stock image libraries, licensing and copyright, best practice record keeping and filing practices;
- Some experience in digital content publishing (web content editing and publishing in SharePoint, Drupal CMS and other content management systems) is desirable but not mandatory.
For a full list of prerequisites and required capabilities for this role, please refer to the position description.
Note: Information about our terms and conditions of employment are contained in the AMSA Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be completed on our website by 11:55pm (AEST) Thursday 17 June 2021. As part of your application you will need to provide;
- your resume
- a one page pitch (maximum 800 words) outlining how your skills and experience meet the prerequisites and required capabilities of the role – please see link to the position description for full details
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Michelle Heins on 02 6279 5047.
If you are having difficulties or have questions about our online recruitment system, please contact Human Resources on 02 6279 5520.