Graphic Design Associate GoingVC
Graphic DesignRemote2 months ago
GoingVC Graphic Design Associate
GoingVC is a professional development program aimed at helping its members take the next steps in their venture capital careers.
The 16-week core program, followed by a lifetime alumni membership, offers participants a multitude of opportunities to build and fortify their understanding of venture capital, as well as chances to grow their venture capital networks, and gain legitimate work experience in the field.
We started the program because – having come from venture capital backgrounds ourselves – we experienced first-hand how challenging and competitive of an industry it is to break into, and we wanted to be a resource for others as they attempted to navigate their own paths into the business.
GoingVC is hiring a part-time, remote Graphic Design Associate to join its rapidly expanding team. The individual hired for the role will be primarily tasked with driving the branding and UX design for GoingVC’s website, educational platform, and content/marketing materials. This is a part-strategic, part-execution role as you will not only be required to communicate your ideas to the GoingVC leadership and generate consensus but also implement the agreed changes.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Own and develop the GoingVC brand including logos, member-facing materials, and marketing materials
- Work with GVC leadership and relevant stakeholders to design and style GoingVC website and associated media
- Develop UX and UI concepts and communicate to GoingVC Leadership; generate consensus around proposed changes
- Develop a data-driven approach to the design process, including talking with users about design, user experience, and synthesizing feedback into actionable takeaways
- Formulate and articulate GoingVC’s value propositions in order to create a consistent message across GoingVC’s website and social media accounts and internal documents
- Designing, creating, and maintaining web content
- Assist in determining the optimal platforms for website, marketing materials, social media, etc.
** Note **
GoingVC is in the midst of a period of rapid growth, and thus, as with any startup, this role and its responsibilities are likely to shift and/or expand over time.
Who We’re Looking For
GoingVC is a fast-moving, quickly expanding startup, and can sometimes have the chaotic atmosphere to prove it.
With this in mind, successful candidates for the part-time, remote Graphic Design Associate position should be able to check many of the following boxes:
- At least three years of relevant professional experience doing agency work, designing software, medium scale websites, and/or digital products
- You have a clear understanding of the Venture Capital ecosystem and how early-stage investing works
- Significant experience with WordPress templates and development of style guides
- Strong knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Suite, inVision, Zeplin, Sketch, or other
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Creative portfolio of past work for review
- Confident advocating for user-centered design principles and overall excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- An advocate for user-centered research and less-is-more design philosophy
- You do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it
- You are very detail-oriented
- You’re comfortable working independently and remotely - and know what this feels like
- You have an entrepreneurial mentality and aren’t afraid to challenge varying ideas and opinions with your own
- You’re a clear, crisp communicator and value brevity in your conversations
- You have at least a good understanding of the Venture Capital field
- You are able to adapt on the fly and handle unforeseen developments with ease
- You are extremely polite and responsive - (this is super important, as you will be representing GoingVC in many different correspondences with VC investors and other professionals)
- You’re familiar with business productivity tools such as Trello, Slack, and Google Drive as well as marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, or other similar programs.
- An existing network within venture capital
- Some experience managing teams
- Video editing skills
Why Work With Us?
At GoingVC, you’ll join a growing team of savvy entrepreneurs with a collective background that spans world-class venture capital funds, premier software firms, and well-known startups.
Moreover, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Build your network of VCs and investors
- Polish your managerial skills in a role with a lot of autonomy to make executive decisions
- Be a key driver of an early-stage startup’s growth and innovation, and make decisions that will be integral to GoingVC’s long-term development
- Sit in on weekly video chats and hangouts with investors at many of the world’s top venture capital funds
- Become a member of GoingVC’s growing alumni network which includes many professionals entering the VC industry
- Gain invaluable experience as an early employee at an early-stage startup
...And much more!