Aptive is seeking a talented Graphic Designer with a strong design aesthetic to join our creative team. The position will support multiple design efforts across client projects.
The Graphic Designer is a highly creative visual thinker with a unique background in art and design, whose skills and talents will help diversify the team. The successful candidate should have a portfolio that demonstrates a versatile range of skills, and a good knowledge of layout, typography, image enhancement, as well as an intimate understanding of Adobe Creative Suite. The candidate not only must possess the ability to translate a creative brief into a concept and final deliverable, but to work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary collaborative team environment.
This mid-level, full-time position is located at Aptive’s Headquarters in Alexandria, VA, with remote options available. (Please note: this position is fully telework until social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19 are lifted for the DC-metro).
- 5+ years of experience as a Graphic Designer
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or a related Visual Arts field
- Portfolio required.
- Proven experience in managing small projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite to include, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD. After Effects, Premiere knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Experienced in conceptual design, logo development, branding and marketing.
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online publishing as well as print production.
- Understanding of concepting and implementation of visual elements (layout, typography, and color theory).
- Design and develop material in print and digital formats for external and internal web assets including web ads, icons and infographics, hero banners, and social media ad campaigns.
- Develop posters and other corporate communications products with a consistent look and feel.
- Maintain brand standards and brand integrity in developed creative.
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Create compelling data visualizations, infographics, and maps.
- Assist in the development of brand messaging for various digital campaigns.
- Liaise and communicate with stakeholders to and senior team members to review creative and gather feedback.
- Provide support to both the creative and project team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Understanding of accessibility testing, tools, and standards (Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act).
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong time management, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services, and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities. Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected class.