Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to spur innovation to advance equity in education and improve the opportunity to learn.
Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve education and provide people with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy.
Digital Promise centers our work in equity and values and rewards inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
- Digital Promise is seeking a detail-oriented Graphic Designer with excellent design and branding skills to support the Communications team and Digital Promise with creative projects across the organization.
- Must be able to follow direction and branding guidelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and update graphics for web and print projects, with keen attention to detail while following existing brand guidelines/templates.
- Conducts quality checks to ensure consistency and adherence to brand standards across all platforms.
- Projects include: social media graphics, Google docs and Google slide presentations, multi-page report design in Adobe InDesign and Google docs, development and revisions of vector graphics using Adobe Illustrator and updates to WordPress.
- 3+ years’ work experience in the design field.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- Strong organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in: the Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Illustrator and Photoshop; Google Docs and Slides; Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Word and PowerPoint; and website management.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, driven by deadlines.
- Strong layout and design skills, including color theory, composition, and typography.
- Working knowledge of print production processes and web development processes.
- Comfort in brainstorming with teams across the organization for various creative projects.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
Helpful knowledge and experience but not required:
- Drawing skills/illustration
- Video editing
- Motion animation
At Digital Promise, we also seek candidates with:
- A strong commitment to racial equity
- A commitment to anti-racist approaches to our work
- Persistent self-awareness and regular self-reflection
- Diverse life experiences
- An interest in redesigning learning systems
The full-time salary range for the Graphic Designer position is between $60,000-$70,000 with exact salary depending on experience.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.