Grand Rounds is a tech-driven healthcare company dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. By harnessing the power of technology, we connect nearly 6 million members to top-rated doctors and data-driven insights to make better informed healthcare decisions. Driven by premier thought leaders in patient care, technology, and business since 2011, our team of 800+ proudly serves Walmart, Costco, Salesforce, and over 140 of America’s top employers as a free employee benefit. Chosen as a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and a UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness, Grand Rounds thrives at the forefront of technology-driven healthcare innovation.
About the role:
As a Graphic Designer, you will be joining a passionate and close-knit creative team responsible for developing a wide variety of marketing assets for use in all of our company communications to engage customers, their employees, and the medical community. You will help strengthen our visual brand and delight our key audiences at every touchpoint —from end-to-end creative campaigns engaging our members, to lead-generating content targeting prospective customers, and collateral for recruiting events. We’re looking for an experienced designer who will help bring our mission and new brand experiences to life with exceptional visual design. You have a winning mix of creative energy; proven ability to develop collateral and visual design from concept to execution; solid production skills; willingness to get hands-on in partnership with other collaborators; strong attention to detail; and wholehearted empathy for our mission and those we serve.
- Provide marketing design work across multiple mediums on a variety of projects, from small pieces to multi-channel campaigns
- Drive new creative concepts and be able to balance brand consistency with innovation
- Collaborate with Member Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Employee Experience, and other creatives to produce consistent, cohesive and high-quality design work that reflect our new brand personality and tone of voice
- Translate existing designs to various sizes and form factors through expert production knowledge and techniques.
- Effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and in writing
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver high-quality design on-time, occasionally under tight deadlines
- Keep learning! Brainstorm and bring to life new campaigns, approaches, and ideas
- Minimum of 7 years of experience; BA/BS in Graphic Design or related field
- A body of work that clearly demonstrates strengths in concepting, creative and design thinking, as well as a proficiency in typography and clean layout design.
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated track record in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)—you know all the shortcuts, tips, and tricks to get a job done effectively
- Highly developed abilities/demonstrated track record in designing within Google Suite
- Mastery of responsive web design standards and email design best practices
- Comfort managing a project from creative conception through execution
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey your creative ideas and work in a thoughtful and persuasive manner, while demonstrating empathy and the capacity to listen to internal clients and stakeholders
- Sound business judgement and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to balance and execute multiple projects concurrently
- Deep experience producing clean, organized, and technically accurate files that are ready to share with a team of designers and ship to printers and/or developers
- Desire and ability to succeed in a demanding, creative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiastic collaborator who is able to effectively work across teams with many different stakeholders
- Experience in healthcare and technology brands
- Experience in an in-house corporate design agency or agency creative department
- Knowledge of Asana and Figma a big plus
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.