Kin is the home insurance company For Every New Normal. Because of our proprietary technology and direct-to-consumer model, we provide affordable pricing without compromising coverage, even in areas most impacted by climate change.
We’re proud to offer fully digital homeowners insurance with an elegant user experience, accurate pricing, and fast, high-quality claims service.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
We’re looking for a visual storyteller who will elevate the Kin brand through dynamic design. The insurance space is notoriously opaque and needlessly so – it's our job to help translate complex concepts into compelling and delightful experiences for our audience. The Graphic Designer role requires excellent digital design skills to support a wide range of projects, including advertising and social media campaigns, online presentations, website assets, video, packaging, print, animation, and more.
You’ll report to our Director of Brand Marketing and work closely with our Copywriter to develop innovative and strategic concepts and execute on those ideas. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills (including an ability to prioritize), and the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, are essential.
A day in the life could include:
- Managing and delivering on incoming requests for creative support, including advertising and social media campaigns, online presentations, website assets, video, packaging, print, animation, and more.
- Designing or applying standard templates to support the business and update as necessary.
- Managing creative requirements, expectations, prioritization, and deadlines for all projects.
- Creating multiple design options that meet (or exceed) provided creative briefs; consult with the brand team for collaboration and feedback throughout the process.
- Ensuring brand consistency across multiple assets.
- Carrying a design through the entire project process, making revisions or creating new versions as needed in order to fulfill the brief’s deliverables.
- Providing quality assurance for all creative deliverables.
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- A portfolio of work that showcases a wide variety of design styles & executions.
- 4+ years of graphic design experience either within an ad agency, design studio, or in-house.
- A creative eye for pairing visuals, text, and graphic design into compelling content.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, G-Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A strong interest in animation, video, and visual effects (vfx).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design / Communications or related discipline a plus.
- Insurance or financial services experience a plus.
- Experience with Figma a plus.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.