Graphic Designer Pearl Abyss
Graphic DesignManhattan Beach, California, US, Remote3 months ago
Pearl Abyss America, Inc. -- the team behind Black Desert and Shadow Arena games — is seeking a high-performing, innovative, results-oriented and customer-obsessed, Graphic Designer to help accelerate our gaming reach to millions of customers across all screens (PC, Mobile, Console, etc.) in North America.
The video game industry is already bigger than music and movies combined, and is growing rapidly. The video games industry is transforming how customers are entertained, communicating with each other, and interacting with digital devices.
Our company needs a Graphic Designer to join our team. You will be responsible for creating dynamic motion graphics and identities to complement our trailer, enhance events, explain complicated concepts and support other marketing initiatives required. You will have the ability to generate high-quality animated and non-animated graphic design and have an excellent sense of timing. Versatility and an aptitude to adapt to different art styles is also important.
You will devise a graphic design arts strategy and work within the marketing team that aligns with Pearl Abyss’s business goals. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to ensure all Pearl Abyss current and future titles will achieve North America goals.
Manhattan Beach, CA (Los Angeles)
- Design and create a wide variety of digital graphics such as marketing assets, social media images, video thumbnails, and much more
- Edit clips and compilations from live streamed content in ways that are compelling and informative for a social media audience
- Develop graphic briefs to facilitate requests from cross-functional teams
- Assist in the creation of brand style guides for social media and web
- Be a key collaborator in upcoming creative & social campaigns
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends in the gaming and pop culture space
- Combine raw footage from various sources with other scenes to create a cohesive story
- Provide audio/visual support for marketing events, promotions, and campaigns including filming and still photography
- Gather and transfer all forms of media into editing software and ensure each is in appropriate format (e.g. frame rate, frame size, field order etc.)
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Use active listening skills and constructive criticism to fine-tune their work
- Manage time effectively, as well as possess the ability to communicate with managers, artists, and directors to ensure deadlines are met and services are fulfilled
- Update and reinvent static design assets into fresh animations.
- Bachelor's degree in Animation, Media Arts or Graphic Design.
- 2-5 years’ experience in post-production and/or motion design studio. Agency and/or gaming experience is welcome.
- Deep experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Film, photography, and editing experience
- Ability to self-motivate and keep the project moving, especially when working solo
- Adapt as creative assignments change and evolve, while maintaining quality
- Understanding of codecs, raw video files, exporting, transcoding and compression
- Organized, dependable, knowledgeable and detail oriented
- Experience with slot machine models, table games, and other gaming products and overall marketing experience is a plus
- May require evening and weekend hours.
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games and pop culture fandoms
- 3D animation experience is a plus: AutoCAD 3D and/or 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, Maya, Unity or other 3D package
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest social media memes, trends, and cultural habits in the gaming industry
- Must have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, collaborate with other designers, and take direction well
- Be an enthusiastic team member with a willingness to learn outside of your own knowledge base
In addition to having a great culture, some of our benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off - PTO (Vacation, Sick Days & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Free Gym Access (in the company office building)
- Pet Insurance covered by the company, for employee’s pet animals (up to 3 pets)
After 3 months of employment, benefits will include:
- Retirement Plan (401(k)) - Company matching up to 5%
- Monthly Meal Allowance ($200 per month)
- Personal Development Allowance (up to $100 per month)
- Employee Benefits card - Pre-paid card (a new line of credit of $170 every month)
- Childcare subsidy - $500 per kid every month (up to 3 kids)
*Pearl Abyss America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pearl Abyss America, Inc. will not disclose your personal information to unauthorized third parties and will only utilize the information you provide during your recruitment process.